Need help with 22-250 load data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with 22-250 load data

I’m trying to push 55gr Hornady GMX bullets out of a 22-250 with IMR4064. I have searched and searched and can’t find anything for this combo. Can anyone give me a starting point for this? Thanks

The 9th Edition of the Hornady Handbook shows 55gr V-Max, FMJ, SP, SP W/C and SP SX but not the GMX, not sure why. I would think that IMR 4064 listed would work the same for the GMX as it does for all of the other 55gr pills. (But don’t take my word for it) Just my 2 cents! There are people that are smarter than me on here that can probably give you better info. Good luck!
    Attached Files

Comment

Sierra book shows 32.6 start to 35.7 max. with 55 grain bullets. 4064 ought to be a good choice in .22/250.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
        The 9th Edition of the Hornady Handbook shows 55gr V-Max, FMJ, SP, SP W/C and SP SX but not the GMX, not sure why. I would think that IMR 4064 listed would work the same for the GMX as it does for all of the other 55gr pills. (But don’t take my word for it) Just my 2 cents! There are people that are smarter than me on here that can probably give you better info. Good luck!
        This is the book that I have as well. It shows 50gr gmx but not 55 for some reason. I’m skeptical to just run what it shows on the other 55gr projectiles because the monocore bullets usually run lower than your standard lead core projectiles. I’ve only been reloading a few years and still have a ton to learn. Just trying not to blow off my face.

Comment

Just run it starting at 33ish grains and work up. It’ll be fine.

Comment

I've loaded 22-250 with tad slower powders and I'm in the high 30s for charge.

My manuals for different 55gr bullets show max charges for 4064 in the mid 30s. I'd just start low and work up watching pressure signs.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Just run it starting at 33ish grains and work up. It’ll be fine.
              This is what I was thinking. I reckon I’ll just wing it.

Comment

Working...
              X