Trimming Italian cypress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming Italian cypress

Had mine suffer some freeze damage up top... has anyone ever trimmed these tops or am I going to damage the growth if I do it?
    Attached Files

Looks like you’ve got 2 different types of damage on top and bottom.You need to spray with a fungicide,and insecticide. Give them some good fertilizer and put down a granular systemic insecticide.There is a bumper crop of bugs and fungus that attack those trees with our wet spring.

Comment

So it was bright green before freeze and then brown 2 weeks after.. still think it is a fungus?

Comment

Not to be rude, but a couple Desert Willows would look great in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          So it was bright green before freeze and then brown 2 weeks after.. still think it is a fungus?
          Probably not but since they already took a hit fungus and bugs hammer those Cypress pretty hard it’s kinda like over doing it.If your really trying to save em do it all just to be on the safe side.Once those trees take a hit you gotta go all out especially in the wet humid areas.I haven’t noticed Italian cypress browning out just from freezing weather usually something else is causing the issue.I could be wrong this past freeze has taught me a thing or two.

Comment

Working...
          X