Best PoBoy (Cajun Fare) Beaumont Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all I’ll be working in Beaumont off and on the next couple of months… I was wondering if there’s something I can’t miss while I’m in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrel’s in Lake Charles for a Darrel’s Special

Comment

High tides in bridge city does a decent imitation of Darrel’s...same bread but only an 8 compared to Darrel’s

If you are here now or soon hit up Reel Cajun in mid county! Best crawfish in the area. Spicy is legit.

Comment

Darrel's in Lake Charles. Worth the drive. I recently ate at Rodair Roadhouse in Port Arthur. Not sure if they have poboys but everything we had was great.

Comment

Floyd's in Beaumont is very good. Good crawfish. The seafood courtbullion is outstanding. Good bar area.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

A little bitty place in Hackberry, La. called "The Park" has a wonderful Shrimp PoBoy. Its not Beaumont, but....

Beaumont really isn't known for their food. The usual suspects, Papadeauxs, believe it or not has a fine steak. Richards Cafe' in the downtown area is great home cooking/soul food with a French flair to it, highly recommend the Ox tail stew.

If you want Cajun cooking, look up Judices in Pt Neches or Larrys French Market in Groves....less crime there too. Judices Shrimp Platter is pretty good and they are still serving boiled crawfish now also.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBobcat View Post
              Darrel’s in Lake Charles for a Darrel’s Special
              My wife has talked about Darrels for 15 years saying it’s the best!!!!

Comment

There is no real substitute for a Darrel’s Po-Boy IMO. The Darrel Special and the Surf-N-Turf are my two favorites. Not technically Beaumont area but you could get to LC in 40-45 minutes pretty easy. Some good recommendations above. You should eat good while you’re around.

Comment

All good info posted above. I am in Orange/BC area but eat all over the area each day with customers.

Judices in BC has had $3/lb for the last couple of weeks and they are good, it's more of a cafe style place. The Judices in Nederland is a touch more upscale with different menu. Reel Cajun does have the best flavor but they are pricey and lots of different spice level options. Kimmy's Cafe in Port Arthur(near the mall) for Breakfast and Lunch is great. The new deal is the old school BBQ crabs at Mama Jacks in Kountze, buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. These are as close as we've found to Sartin's and Channel Inn.

Another place to try is 1701 Barbecue in Beaumont. It is very good, lunch only Tuesday-Saturday from 11-2 or they run out. Daddios in Beaumont and Nederland for burgers. Carlitos and Elenas for Mexican in Beaumont. La Suprema and El Viejo Tony's in Nederland. Street style tacos at Carmelas in Beaumont or Nederland, $1 each on Tuesdays.

PM for any other info.

Comment

Woogies in Vidor has an amazing cajun sandwich, and pistolettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                      There is no real substitute for a Darrel’s Po-Boy IMO. The Darrel Special and the Surf-N-Turf are my two favorites.
                      Just my opinion but Buffi's Peaux Boys in Lake Charles is better. They were close to the old Darrell's but with the storms, they are now on Broad Street. Exceptional service and great food.

For the same style sandwich in Texas, Woogies in Vidor is an exact copy as well as High Tides in Bridge City, with the latter being on the water and a huge outdoor bar scene.

Comment

Sartin's is gone?

Howxabout that buffet? I think itcwss on Calder or College? It was pretty good for lunch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          All good info posted above. I am in Orange/BC area but eat all over the area each day with customers.

Judices in BC has had $3/lb for the last couple of weeks and they are good, it's more of a cafe style place. The Judices in Nederland is a touch more upscale with different menu. Reel Cajun does have the best flavor but they are pricey and lots of different spice level options. Kimmy's Cafe in Port Arthur(near the mall) for Breakfast and Lunch is great. The new deal is the old school BBQ crabs at Mama Jacks in Kountze, buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. These are as close as we've found to Sartin's and Channel Inn.

Another place to try is 1701 Barbecue in Beaumont. It is very good, lunch only Tuesday-Saturday from 11-2 or they run out. Daddios in Beaumont and Nederland for burgers. Carlitos and Elenas for Mexican in Beaumont. La Suprema and El Viejo Tony's in Nederland. Street style tacos at Carmelas in Beaumont or Nederland, $1 each on Tuesdays.

PM for any other info.

Mike pretty much nailed it except reel Cajun lol never been a fan.

For Cajun food don’t miss Floyd’s
                          Tia Juanitas is pretty hard to beat (probably your best place for a poboy)

Comment

sure do miss a good Ol'Po boy,, growing up in Galveston, i member the The best one was and i think still is the Shrimp-N-Stuff on Ave O, before the Hurricane took it the Shrimp Basket on the Seawall @ 22nd was the best

Comment

Bayou Cafe - get the Mardi Gras poboy.

Comment

Working...
                              X