Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with Prescription RX and other aps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with Prescription RX and other aps??

I just saw another "Ap" you load on your phone and find the lowest price to show your pharmacy.

What's up with these Aps and prescription cards? Why would the pharmacy just not do it themselves? Someone in the know care to fill me in?

Seems really stupid for them to say your total is $80 and you show them a price on your phone and they say OK now it's $9

Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Simply put, insurance fruad.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was just complaining about this the past weekend. My take is it's all a racket!

I had a prescription for my dog going blind. Vet couldn't get the medicine anymore so sent me to CVS. Girl there tells me it's now cheaper at walmart if I use the good rx app. $40 at the vet but they can't get it. $100 at Walmart no app, $19 with the app.

Girl that told me about it said if customers were nice and pleasant they'd just scan the app and never tell them.

Comment

Try good RX. Sometimes they are cheaper than your insurance costs you.

Comment

Dang right the pharmacy’s are a scam. When the doc says what pharmacy I load the name of the drug in good RX and then tell her where we will pick it up. To save 150.00 dollars and drive 1 mile away from doctors office is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              Simply put, insurance fruad.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
              I feel defruaded already and I take fruad seriously.

Comment

So do pharmacies all pay roughly the same price for these drugs and then sell them for what they can get for them?

Just curious why some would sell what appears to be so much cheaper than others. And what does an Ap have to do with anything? Is it like price shopping where one pharmacy says oh crap you got us...it's cheaper across the street so we will sell it to you for that also?

Comment

My dr told me about GoodRx. I have been using it for about 2 yrs now. Way cheaper than my insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                    My dr told me about GoodRx. I have been using it for about 2 yrs now. Way cheaper than my insurance.
                    Same here. My insurance copay is more expensive than what it costs to use my GoodRx discount card.

Comment

Got a little thing last week. Was thinking I would go with the medicare card until the lady said it was $7.00..

I paid and left.................

Comment

Come on man! It’s ammo prices we need a worry about. Who cares about prescription price gouging.

Comment

Last time I got a refill insurance was $60. Lady at the counter says we're gonna plug in good RX. Magically it's $14. Prior to this, when we had a different carrier, that same prescription was $5. It ain't the pharmacy, it's the insurance racketeers...

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                            Last time I got a refill insurance was $60. Lady at the counter says we're gonna plug in good RX. Magically it's $14. Prior to this, when we had a different carrier, that same prescription was $5. It ain't the pharmacy, it's the insurance racketeers...
                            I'm so confused. What does insurance have to do with this?

How does it start at $60 and then magically drop to $14? Does the pharmacy not make that extra $46? Does Good Rx pay that extra $46? Does Good Rx somehow have a connection with the drug maker and gets the price dropped for the pharmacy?

This would make a tiny bit of sense if people who used Good Rx (or the likes) were paying a monthly fee for the service. But not just anyone who walks in. But even then it's screwball crazy LOL

Comment

This is just a guess but I believe the pharmacy way overcharges insurance and so your co pay at the pharmacy is higher. No idea how goodrx actually works though.

Comment

Working...
                              X