No announcement yet.

New favorite way to eat venison, Tikka Masala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco has a great jar tikka masala. We make it with chicken all the time. I'll give it a try with venison.

Comment

Great idea. I love Indian food, especially the sauces. Definitely going to try this.

Comment

That looks awesome and Tikka Masala is one of my favorites...

Comment

I agree with the vindaloo comment. Indian food can be fantastic...and If you have any speed goat or those mountain goat...a rice based biryani would be great. I have had it with regular goat and it tastes a lot like lamb. The “butter chicken” sauce is also great and would be good with venison as well I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            If it doesn't have curry in it, it might have a chance of being good. What little Indian food I've ever tried before tastes about as good as their music sounds.

Looks similar to carne guisada. I know Mexican food is better than Indian food, but maybe this would be an exception to that rule. Interesting.
            Music sure does suck, but I think the food is amazing, unfortunately we're pretty limited on Indian variety here.

You'd probably enjoy something like chicken tandoori and some garlic naan.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

I was just thinking about making some tikka marsala and was curious if using venison in place of chicken would be any good. You convinced me to try it but I think I am going to make the sauce.

Comment

My wife loves Tikka masala, I am just on the fence with it. I am in the IT consulting field and one of our teams at a client is predominately Indian women and they have a potluck every year for Diwali. Lots of very interesting foods, all home made and most of it actually very good and spicy. I was surprised I like it as much as I do.

Comment

Curry is nothing more than a spice blend. Same as garam masala which is the base for a masala sauce. They are different. If you don't like most curry's you MAY like masala.

Comment

That looks good!

Comment

Need to make it with the butter chicken sauce & Nann bread !!!!

Comment

Looks good. We make venison korma quit often. Served over basmati rice. Do not forget Greek yogurt s the topping. Sour cream work in. Pinch. It is Pretty good eating

Comment

Looks delicious, I like butter chicken but never tried Tikka masala.

Comment

As for anything the taste of Indian food is different. But for me, a good different. I love chicken tikka masala and have tried many different Indian foods. And oh yes, the naan garlic naan bread is a must. Just like slopping up carne guisada gravy with a tortilla. I'm sure this is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X