Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat from Mexico

So, has anyone wvee tried this?
    I went a friend house and he swore that this was some good stuff. While cooking up two Cabritos in his Taüd he bought from the same place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ever is on the pit resembles someone's lost pet.

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
      What ever is on the pit resembles someone's lost pet.
      Cabrito = goat, it’s actually very good. We have a hunter on our lease who lives in Mexico. Whenever he brings meat to BBQ it’s actually pretty good.

Comment

That’s not put on that pit, but it looks like some kind of a small dog wanted it’s belly scratched one too many times.

Comment

Cabrito cooked in the ataud is da bomb!!

Comment

Goat is good. Not sure why you would go through the hassle of buying it from Mexico though? I would trust goats fed here more than the crap they probably feed them down there.

Comment

Not sure I'd buy boxed meat from any place that had a reputation for eating dogs and cats, and dismembering rival cartel members. But that's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                Not sure I'd buy boxed meat from any place that had a reputation for eating dogs and cats, and dismembering rival cartel members. But that's just me...
                Traveled all over Mexico for years up until I was in college. Have family members that I visited all over that country and not once did they ever warn me about not eating at certain places because they served cat or dog.

Comment

Pass when you have beef.

Comment

I don't trust anything from Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                      Not sure I'd buy boxed meat from any place that had a reputation for eating dogs and cats.
                      Maybe your thinking of China and Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Maybe your thinking of China and Korea?
                        Don't trust them, either, but my father once said he bought a bowl of chili in a border town, and after eating part of it found a tough morsel in it, and upon inspecting it, it looked like a small animal toe. He said he squeezed it and a small retractable claw protruded from it. Said he didn't eat any more of it, although it wasn't bad up till that point..Was in the 1950's.I have heard that meat isn't always refrigerated properly after slaughter there, but don't know that for a fact. Some processed meat that is packaged here is questionable, AFIAC...
                        Last edited by softpoint; 06-03-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I have gotten the boxes of ribeye's. from a buddy that goes down there. They are really good. Supposedly no hormones or steroids in the Mexican beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Goat is good. Not sure why you would go through the hassle of buying it from Mexico though? I would trust goats fed here more than the crap they probably feed them down there.
                            It is probably alot cheaper. Goat tends to be pretty pricey from gringo stores or farmer's markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                              I have gotten the boxes of ribeye's. from a buddy that goes down there. They are really good. Supposedly no hormones or steroids in the Mexican beef.
                              Thats what these boxes are, Ribeye T-Bone and other cuts
                              i had my experience with Other meats in Guadalajara , ordered Carnitas and it had little thin rib bones and since it was a variety of i found a Blue eye in the mix,, so Kitty Cat i figured, but it was good up until that eye

Comment

Working...
                              X