2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I have bee following that. Totally selfless act to aid others. Dude was just posting looking for new boat insurance the end of April.
    Heard the story right after it happened, didn’t know it was Chipper or his boat. Have known him since we were kids, not surprised at all, hardcore solid dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      I made it down to POC on Saturday afternoon for some down time. The weather Sunday morning was really nice so my brother and I as well as my oldest son made a long run south. Our wade started off really slow but from 9am to 10:30 we found a really good trout bite on artificial. Most of the trout were 18 inches and a few pushing 20. We released all but 3 fish for dinner and enjoyed a few cold beers on the long ride back to POC. Monday was blowing really hard and I decided to sleep in. We hit up Sunday Beach again and enjoyed some nice weather. The surf was fairly clean on Monday and I watched a few reds being caught on cut mullet. Lots of fresh water in the bays to navigate. Looking forward to getting back down there this weekend.
      I saw your pics/video. Looked like a solid morning.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        I’m thinking the light SE and an incoming tide in the morning and maybe it will clean up.
        I ran out into the surf first thing this morning and looked at it. Still a little too rough and very dirty first thing this morning. I could hear it from the bay most of the morning as well. But it is very close to getting right.

Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

I was reading about them saving that girl on FB. That is crazy! So glad they were all OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
            Wow. Someone needs to start a go fund me for the airboat guy.
            I'm down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I'm down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              I would be as well. If the parents can afford it, they should take care of everything for that guy and his boat. He saved the most precious thing they will ever have, their daughter.

Comment

I read a few newspaper articles about this. Was it the airboat captain’s daughter that was swept out? God bless all who were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  If the parents can afford it, they should take care of everything for that guy and his boat. He saved the most precious thing they will ever have, their daughter.
                  That exactly what I was thinking as well. I just wasn't sure if that was going to come off wrong.

Comment

Hit the surf on the east side of Galveston this am, water wasn't quite trout green yet, but I have caught trout in worse looking water. The snot sharks were in there thick and I couldn't wade thru them to find the trout. Small sharks were out in force as well. Felt good to be in the water none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
                      I read a few newspaper articles about this. Was it the airboat captain’s daughter that was swept out? God bless all who were involved.
                      I read one report that it was indeed the airboat owners daughter, and others said it wasn’t. I don’t know, but either way, glad she was saved. And major props to the gentlemen who saw what was happening and were already on their way out to help her. If they hadn’t been paying attention, that would have been an awful result

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        Hit the surf on the east side of Galveston this am, water wasn't quite trout green yet, but I have caught trout in worse looking water. The snot sharks were in there thick and I couldn't wade thru them to find the trout. Small sharks were out in force as well. Felt good to be in the water none the less.
                        I had a couple buddies fishing close to the pass, said water was pretty dirty, and they only managed one trout fishing with croaker. I was supposed to go, bud had some technical difficulties this morning. Worked out good for me. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                          I saw your pics/video. Looked like a solid morning.
                          Gonna hit that spot up again Saturday morning if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            The snot sharks were in there thick and I couldn't wade thru them to find the trout.
                            gaftops or hardheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                              Wow. Someone needs to start a go fund me for the airboat guy.

That is in the works if the insurance company gives him any trouble. If I see it pop up I will share to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                gaftops or hardheads?
                                Big ol Gaftops

Comment

Working...
                                X