Texas Ranchers & Illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    yeah hunted near Eagle Pass for 13 years- never have we seen it like it was this past season. Illegals walking into camp at night while we were sitting around the camp fire. BP telling us the cartel is passing through all around us. Illegals now being armed. The traffic was 20 times plus more this season than ever before.

Pic is of our camp where they threw a tire through the window, grabbed a ladder, and went inside. Very brazen for sure
    Seems like it would be harder to get in with the ladder instead of just putting the tire below the window and going in. Sorry you guys are having to deal with this type of thing. It would definitely make hunting way less fun for me knowing someone might walk up at night to camp. Makes me glad I hunt NW Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Time to form the militia the left seem so hell bent on saying only the 2A applies to.
      Originally posted by breadman View Post
      yep treat it just like any outher home invation , cause thats basically what it is .
      exactly what I was wondering. How many landowners feel the same way?

And, the flip side - say a coyote running drugs is killed. Would the cartel come over to even it up? Would our government protect us?

Comment

We have in the past had very little issues. We are about 20 Miles from the border. This year, the traffic has increased and now we have a dedicated contact with BP to manage them. We have even been hunting and had BP walk up on a blind, they were trailing a group. I'm headed down this weekend and unfortunately my wife and kids cant go a day early, and I will have to carry a pistol the entire time which I really think is inconvenient. I guess we will lock our doors at night as well. My brother in law had 8 come to his feeder, asked if they could get some water, and sat around and talked and one guy was on the phone.

Truth is, in the past we had so few we never called bp. It would ruin an entire day and they rarely caught them. Now, we need to call just they are so busy who knows what to do. Too many walking through to not call though. I hope to not see any so I dont have to burn a day waiting on BP.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          And, the flip side - say a coyote running drugs is killed. Would the cartel come over to even it up? Would our government protect us?
          That's the problem. Our government ain't going to do jack. They're half the problem along with those that hire the filth. Someone important gets killed you can bet the cartel will respond, it's how they've kept everyone in line down in the S-Hole called Mexico. You'd have to form a real militia and start mowing the invaders down. Until that happens, which it won't since we've gotten so soft, things will just keep going like they are or get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            exactly what I was wondering. How many landowners feel the same way?

We are hamstrung by the threat of litigation. Even if one of them dies as a result of wrecking their stolen vehicle on your property you can find yourself slapped with a wrongful death lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              We are hamstrung by the threat of litigation. Even if one of them dies as a result of wrecking their stolen vehicle on your property you can find yourself slapped with a wrongful death lawsuit.
              Yep or worse. We were talking about this last night. Lets say 2 illegals walk out of the brush and point a gun at me. If I shoot 1 and the other runs off in the brush, does anybody think under Racist Joe's administration that anything would happen to the other illegal if caught? Does anybody think nothing will happen to me? Even if I don't go to jail the time and money it would take to fight would be outrageous. I'm not saying I won't defend myself or my family but these are truths under this administration...

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                Yep or worse. We were talking about this last night. Lets say 2 illegals walk out of the brush and point a gun at me. If I shoot 1 and the other runs off in the brush, does anybody think under Racist Joe's administration that anything would happen to the other illegal if caught? Does anybody think nothing will happen to me? Even if I don't go to jail the time and money it would take to fight would be outrageous. I'm not saying I won't defend myself or my family but these are truths under this administration...
                South Texas is pretty blue...

Comment

keep in mind , you pull the trigger , that's $100k. in legal fees on average even if you're in the right... the law is stacked against you. and trust me you'll be the villain.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post

I bet that shooting would get 1000x the scrutiny any big city drive by gets.
                    Feds would most likely be involved,
                    Something similar to the Bubba Wallace pull cord investigation, no cost too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in South Texas and will start whacking coyotes (four legged) pretty soon in anticipation of a healthy fawn crop. So I will be on the ranch often. With the heat we are having and the miserable conditions we have in the brush I am dreading it. Something tells me I'm going to find a body or several. If they are/were kids it's going to make it that much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        I bet that shooting would get 1000x the scrutiny any big city drive by gets.
                        Feds would most likely be involved,
                        Something similar to the Bubba Wallace pull cord investigation, no cost too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yep, you can see the headline on cnn now. "Racist white right wing redneck slaughters migrant worker only looking for a better life..." I bet there would even be mention of veins bulging from their necks the same way Racist Joe and Big Mike continue to lie about Charlottesville. You can bet Robert Francis would be on every station preaching from the hill top despite the fact I have more Mexican blood in my veins (NONE) than that 4th generation Irishman. And in my case I guarantee you they wouldn't mention a word about my 4 hispanic kids because it wouldn't meet their narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                          keep in mind , you pull the trigger , that's $100k. in legal fees on average even if you're in the right... the law is stacked against you. and trust me you'll be the villain.
                          That’s only if you don’t have a backhoe and report it. Loose lips sink ships.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            That’s only if you don’t have a backhoe and report it. Loose lips sink ships.
                            This
                            i have 2 backhoes

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Loose lips sink ships.
                              my thoughts too

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                3 miles on the Uvalde side.
                                Illegals have visited our camp house in the past, only taking the water bottles we leave inside. It’s not locked so hopefully they won’t feel the need to destroy anything while they are passing through.

I hope to never see any, but it’s always a concern when out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the reply sir. We were about 6 miles South of Brackettville. Hope things don't get too bad for you. We are now down in Zapata, in the middle of nowhere. Had not illegal activity for three years, until this year (a couple). Wondering how it has increased over the last few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X