No announcement yet.

Office Etiquette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without knowing your line of work, this is unacceptable and should be addressed. Might be different if you’re in sales and every missed call could be lost revenue.

In the time being, let her know you will set up call forwarding to her phone if you want her to answer your calls. If call forwarding isn’t set up she is not to answer your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She wants you and is playing mind games with your wife.

Comment

I don’t know what kind of company you work for, but I would want all calls on the company phone answered ASAP. That is customer service. I hate to call a business and get a voice mail. What is wrong with her answering the BUSINESS phone and taking a message??? As Curt said, you have a free operator!

Why does it bother you that she answers when your wife calls?
        You are wrong and just don’t care about customer service!

Comment

What kind of business is it?

Comment

Out of line and BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I don’t know what kind of company you work for, but I would want all calls on the company phone answered ASAP. That is customer service. I hate to call a business and get a voice mail. What is wrong with her answering the BUSINESS phone and taking a message??? As Curt said, you have a free operator!

Why does it bother you that she answers when your wife calls?
              You are wrong and just don’t care about customer service!
              They obviously have direct lines to their desks. If the company wants all calls answered immediately they should have a receptionist whos MAIN job is to answer the phone. She needs to stay in her lane.

Comment

Holy balls I sure hope the majority of you aren’t member of a jury! Guilty before the facts are even present! Off with her head!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Is she trying to be nice or does she have no boundaries and just likes to talk to people?

Either way politely asking her to stop answering your phone would be the best route I would imagine.
                  Probably both. I did ask her today, nicely, to stop. I said that I have personal phone calls from Doctors and insurance come in as I cannot talk on my cell phone due to limited service.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  What kind of business is it?
                  I'm a supervisor for a call center in our HR department. Our company has 130k people. I only deal with employees, and I do NOT take the phone calls unless they have requested a supervisor. Those calls would come through a headset and my computer. Honestly, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in my company to contact me on my work phone... We have an instant messaging app that we all use as well as emails. There is no revenue lost if the phone isn't answered.

Comment

There is a caller ID and she knows the caller and knows it's personal. Still continues. This happened enough and after I got a phonecall on my workphone (because they can't reach me via cell phone) from my health insurance company, I knew I had to stop this.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      You have a built-in secretary that you don't have to pay for. Congrats.
                      Agree, With out many facts it’ seems the lines sole reason is for sales. As an employer it would get under my skin more that is was used for personal use.

Comment

I’d shoot that hog in the gut!

Comment

My wife has to login/log off when at her desk or away
                          Of course it automatically goes to VM when she is on the phone or logged off
                          check about updates on system! Is this abnormal behavior in your
                          Office / line of business?

Sorry just reading your answer is she a peer or subordinate ? If peer gentle reminders about personal space if sub be fair but stern
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-23-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

If you're a supervisor surely they allow you to connect to the wireless network. Connect your cell and take calls via wifi

Comment

I dont see any issues but i suggest not using your co phone number for personal business then there wont be an issue. IMO.

Comment

If you are a supervisor and don’t know how to handle this you’ve got bigger problems as does the company you work for.

Comment

Working...
                                X