Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the goal to get rid of conservative LEO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the goal to get rid of conservative LEO?

All of this backwards BS that LEOs are dealing with... Think liberals are smart enough to be trying to get conservative LEO's to quit that way when it's time to take up guns it will be much easier?

Just a thought. Maybe they haven't thought that far ahead yet..or maybe they have.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    All of this backwards BS that LEOs are dealing with... Think liberals are smart enough to be trying to get conservative LEO's to quit that way when it's time to take up guns it will be much easier?

Just a thought. Maybe they haven't thought that far ahead yet..or maybe they have.
    The Democrats aren't smart when it comes to making a wise choice because that requires one to have wisdom. They are smart in the sense that they are cunning and plan long term and use deception.
    It will never be easy to take our guns, the people will resist and resist to the point of blood shed. Why would a political party seek to disarm its citizens. It's because they fear what they will do when pushed to the point that they strike back.

Benjamin Franklin wrote about the colonies and the rattle snake, but it is still true to this day.

She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarrelling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defence, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal. Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      The Democrats aren't smart when it comes to making a wise choice because that requires one to have wisdom. They are smart in the sense that they are cunning and plan long term and use deception.
      It will never be easy to take our guns, the people will resist and resist to the point of blood shed. Why would a political party seek to disarm its citizens. It's because they fear what they will do when pushed to the point that they strike back.

Benjamin Franklin wrote about the colonies and the rattle snake, but it is still true to this day.

She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarrelling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defence, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal. Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.
      You say this, but they have been very calculated in taking over the education system and increasing welfare programs, all for long term benefit

Comment

I don't think they are thinking that far ahead....but the end result will probably be the same.

You have a large percentage, like me, that are Patriots, veterans, conservatives, etc.

Most of us will be leaving at the earliest retirement age instead of sticking around longer for a job we love.

When the community you signed on to protect is no longer a community that wants your help, then the rest of the bulls$#@ + that you could tolerate before is no longer tolerable.

I got offered a spot to attend the prestigious FBI National Academy last week. I was excited until I was told I had to commit for at least 3 more years of service after I graduated. Thanks, but no thanks.

Law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting people by locking up bad guys and throwing away the key has been replaced with other goals.

I won't go into all the feel good units we have now because it won't matter anyway. Police work job description has changed. I didn't sign on to be a civilian social worker or get asked to ride in a parade.
        Last edited by Chew; 07-05-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Well, it will be nice to have you guys on our side if/when shtf Bobby & it will if trump loses this election...this was posted on another site discussing the selling of personal ammo for profit & if you add in the whole LE defunding, removal of our past history & trying to correct those sins?? Might not be too far fetched, especially when it comes to SCOTUS job openings. It's a rabbit hole, but maybe not so deep with recent events I NEVER thought I would be witnessing now.

After seeing, knowing & living thru everything the demonrat party has said & done & tried & wanted/want to do with guns and gun owners for the past 40+ years..let me calmly & rationaly tell yall: Should the Trump & the Repubs lose bigly this fall, YOU AINT GONNA BE ABLE TO BUY NOTHING. First- from the election itself until the Jan. swearing in, the panic buying will be simply unreal. Secondly- after they take power, Id about gaurantee the first thing/issue they tackle are guns & the 2A. Darth Bader & a couple more SCOTUS judges retire..replaced with RADICAL leftists. GOODBYE 2A.
          Then, the loooong laundry list of goals theyve tried literally since the 70's will have NO impediment to being implemented.
          Say ADIOS to semi autos..ALL OF THEM, caliber be ****ed...to high cap mags, shottys over 3 rounds..you know..for hunting like the Const. "says", any rifle capable of over 6 rounds, no online ammo or gun sales or transfers, limits on how much ammo you can buy and/or even own, "sniper rifles", military surplus from other countries, Federal Red Flag laws, "mandatory buy backs", absolutely no Class 3/NFA of any kind, mandatory gun insurance, the now left leaning SCOTUS declares STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS UNCONSTITUIONAL, no "right" to carry outside your home or property, gun range restrictions & closures...I literally could go on & on & on from what theyve tried already, and what theyve done in places, and what theyve said they want to do. WE..WONT..HAVE..ANYTHING, outside of "hunting" guns..and how many demonrats truly care about hunters and hunting? That, too, is a ruse.
          I TRULY believe, should the goblins win,that whatever I own & have at the time of election, may well be what I own & have for a long, long time. It AINT for sale, and Im buying all I can afford until then. I hope & pray Im completely wrong.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I don't think they are thinking that far ahead....but the end result will probably be the same.

You have a large percentage, like me, that are Patriots, veterans, conservatives, etc.

Most of us will be leaving at the earliest retirement age instead of sticking around longer for a job we love.

When the community you signed on to protect is no longer a community that wants your help, then the rest of the bulls$#@ + that you could tolerate before is no longer tolerable.

I got offered a spot to attend the prestigious FBI National Academy last week. I was excited until I was told I had to commit for at least 3 more years of service after I graduated. Thanks, but no thanks.

Law and order, preserving the peace, and protecting people by locking up bad guys and throwing away the key has been replaced with other goals.

I won't go into all the feel good units we have now because it won't matter anyway. Police work job description has changed. I didn't sign on to be a civilian social worker or get asked to ride in a parade.

Comment

Chew, it breaks my heart and spirit to read your words. When the best and finest of our public servants such as you and Glen post like this, I know it is bad.
            God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              You say this, but they have been very calculated in taking over the education system and increasing welfare programs, all for long term benefit
              Maybe I'm idealistic but this too shall pass.
              I'm hopeful God gives this nation the courage and resolve to stand against this and return us to sound biblical teachings.

Comment

I'm seeing and hearing the same in my MUCH smaller agency and county. It was hard enough before to get qualified candidates to even TAKE the civil service exam, i dread the upcoming test. We are currently short a police chief, a captain, have one captain most likely about to leave inside of a year, another captain WANTING to leave, a Lt. trying to leave, another already at retirement who agreed to hold off for a short time, two detectives leaving, a K9 officer trying to leave, and already short numerous positions on patrol. I honestly as a patrol Lt. am at a loss on how to motivate myself to stay, much less the younger officers. I read an article in Police One last week where 10,000 were polled and barely 7 percent recommended getting into law enforcement or something like that. Thats....staggering.
                Last edited by dbelcher269; 07-05-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                  I'm seeing and hearing the same in my MUCH smaller agency and county. It was hard enough before to get qualified candidates to even TAKE the civil service exam, i dread the upcoming test. We are currently short a police chief, a captain, have one captain most likely about to leave inside of a year, another captain WANTING to leave, a Lt. trying to leave, another already at retirement who agreed to hold off for a short time, two detectives leaving, a K9 officer trying to leave, and already short numerous positions on patrol. I honestly as a patrol Lt. am at a loss on how to motivate myself to stay, much less the younger officers. I read an article in Police One last week where 10,000 were polled and barely 7 percent recommended getting into law enforcement or something like that. Thats....staggering.

Just curious...have they offered any financial incentives to get officers to stay? If this is a morale issue that probably wouldn’t make a difference anyway I’m guessing. What about moving to federal agencies? My buddy left DPD in Dallas and is a DEA agent now. LOVES it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Chew, it breaks my heart and spirit to read your words. When the best and finest of our public servants such as you and Glen post like this, I know it is bad.
                    God help us.
                    This for sure. Thanks so much Bobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                      Just curious...have they offered any financial incentives to get officers to stay? If this is a morale issue that probably wouldn’t make a difference anyway I’m guessing. What about moving to federal agencies? My buddy left DPD in Dallas and is a DEA agent now. LOVES it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Other than the promotional pay bumps (which sometimes can be a temporary decrease in pay), and the "standard cost of living" yearly increase (which I didn't get last year) no financial incentives exist.. I work for the lowest paid department in denton co..

But i can't leave, even if I wanted (which I dont, as I love my coworkers and chief).. I'm 32 years old with 12 of that in law enforcement.. it's all I know when considering adult discernable work skills, along with no degree.

The second I reach a point where I can comfortably retire, I'm out..

Not to mention, I advise everyone I know against getting into this field.. sad truth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        Other than the promotional pay bumps (which sometimes can be a temporary decrease in pay), and the "standard cost of living" yearly increase (which I didn't get last year) no financial incentives exist.. I work for the lowest paid department in denton co..

But i can't leave, even if I wanted (which I dont, as I love my coworkers and chief).. I'm 32 years old with 12 of that in law enforcement.. it's all I know when considering adult discernable work skills, along with no degree.

The second I reach a point where I can comfortably retire, I'm out..

Not to mention, I advise everyone I know against getting into this field.. sad truth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        Not sure how much you make but there are federal LEO jobs that would have you making a good living in three years, 6 figures at about 5 years and you can retire at 20 years of service. The catch is you need to learn a second language and live on the border... The big plus is you don't deal with as much none sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Not sure how much you make but there are federal LEO jobs that would have you making a good living in three years, 6 figures at about 5 years and you can retire at 20 years of service. The catch is you need to learn a second language and live on the border... The big plus is you don't deal with as much none sense.
                          I have several buddies who would debate about that no nonsense...I would likely choose local le or county over CBP in my area anyway. We are all but void of the anti le noise in the valley.

CBP couldn't wear their uniforms in public w/out harassment back during the whole border wall / illegal immigrant idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I have several buddies who would debate about that no nonsense...I would likely choose local le or county over CBP in my area anyway. We are all but void of the anti le noise in the valley.

CBP couldn't wear their uniforms in public w/out harassment back during the whole border wall / illegal immigrant idiocy.
                            I was detailed to rio grande station for a while so I hear what you are saying... Luckily where I am there is still some respect for local, state and federal LEO's...

Comment

What a shame to turn down that opportunity Bobby but I dont blame you! It's still an honor that you got the invitation and opportunity.

Theres no reason to stay anymore though! You need to get out as soon as you can and don't look back! Retirement is a wonderful thing! .

Comment

Working...
                              X