What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

My son was heading home this afternoon and About a mile from his house a dog that always run down the road from the neighbors tries to catch the tires. Well he did today. The neighbors were outside and saw it. My son didn’t stop which I don’t think he needed to. Now the dog did get up and ran back home which is good. Hopefully the dog learned a lesson. They never try to stop there dog because I drive the road every day and have to swerve to miss it. I told him not to worry about it. What would you do?

Personally, I’d be upset if someone hit my dog and didn’t stop to check if the dog was okay or to let me know. Although I don’t let me dogs run down the road like they do.

I’d take my son down there and all have a conversation and apologize and also say it’s hard to not hit their dog when they let it run on the road.

Comment

Hard to be mad at someone for hitting your dog if you let it out on the road. Had a couple hit. Saw one get hit right in front of me and they didn’t stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It wasn’t your son’s fault but he should have stopped or gone back. No question about it.
        Last edited by Burnadell; 06-20-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I would not stop and would not expect my Kid to either. Some People these days Are nutz and I don’t want to deal with an idiot over a dog

Comment

Your son was not at fault and some people might expect him to pay for their stupidity, since the dog was a known chaser, they're stupid for having him.

Comment

So your telling me that the dog has the right of way on a road. I don’t think so. It’s the land owner responsible to keep the dog in there yard. Years ago I stopped and told the homeowner I hit there dog and it turned out bad. I almost went to jail because it broke out into a fight because the dog owner attacked me. Said it was my fault his dog jumped out in front of my truck. The way I see it this dog will cause a wreck because it comes out of no where and it scares you. Some old lady will end up in a ditch.

Comment

I see stopping if it's a random dog getting on the road. If it's a dog that you know is always running around on the road due to irresponsible owners I would not stop. And if I did stop it would not be to apologize. Irresponsible pet owners need a good kick in the *%*}+^%.

Comment

To many crazy people out there to stop unless it's someone I know.

Comment

If the dog belonged to someone I knew then I would stop. But otherwise, no. People are insane over their dogs these days. Borders on psychosis. Even on here had someone say if they had to choose between saving the life of their dog or someone else's kid, they would save the dog. Not joking. Not right in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      I see stopping if it's a random dog getting on the road. If it's a dog that you know is always running around on the road due to irresponsible owners I would not stop. And if I did stop it would not be to apologize. Irresponsible pet owners need a good kick in the *%*}+^%.
                      It would only be to secure a deductible for my insurance

Comment

Assuming your son is a minor he did the right thing by continuing home. I'd go over there without him and explain he was upset he may have hurt their dog and that it's an ongoing issue with it chasing him. Next time he hits it no need to go over.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          I would not stop and would not expect my Kid to either. Some People these days Are nutz and I don’t want to deal with an idiot over a dog
                          Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            If the dog belonged to someone I knew then I would stop. But otherwise, no. People are insane over their dogs these days. Borders on psychosis. Even on here had someone say if they had to choose between saving the life of their dog or someone else's kid, they would save the dog. Not joking. Not right in the head.
                            Exactly this. If I don't know em keep on going

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              It wasn’t your don’s fault but he should have stopped or gone back. No question about it.
                              I disagree. I wouldn't want my teenage kid to go back and deal with what could be a very upset and emotional dog owner. Dogs that chase cars, ALL get run over eventually. It happens...keep a shovel handy.

Plus, I love my dog. I think dogs are great. I think I once owned the best dog that ever lived....But people put too much value on the life of a dog. If I hear one more person say, "My dog is like my kid", I'm gonna lose it. If your dog is like your kid, either tell your stupid kid to stop licking his own butt or feel very fortunate that your dog can mow the grass. Every time I hear that phrase, I think of people that have had to bury one of their kids and how they wished it'd had been a freaking dog.
                              Last edited by curtintex; 06-20-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X