Antler mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antler mount

So I have quite a few European mounts and racks that have been piling up in the garage. I love European mounts but even they take up significant space so I decided to go through and do antler mounts on some of them so I could get them hung. I have tried several of the kits but just didn’t care for them so I set out researching the process. Surprisingly there is not that much information out there that I could find.

What I did find was the whitebone creations video on crown mounts and decided to give it a go. There was a bit of a learning curve but the end result turned out well. I completed the mount and built the plaque out of cedar. Looking forward to completing some others. Will definitely take more pictures of the process the next time
    Attached Files

Looks good.

Comment

In for more pics and an instructional video.

Comment

Nice, I always thought crown mounts had a classic look to them. Yours turned out great, will look for tips when you do the next one, thanks for posting.

Comment

They turned out good

Comment

Very impressive. And you did it yourself!

Comment

Here's my "Buck Board"

And another--

A buddy's

My favorite--

Sorry for the hijack--

Comment

Looks good.

That snake skin one is pretty unique

Comment

I’m still a sucker for a good DIY antler mount.

Comment

did you use the WB cement method? There is a lighter, less messy option- use plaster mixed with paper mache, elmer's glue and a little water. Might not be worth rounding up all the ingredients unless you are going to be doing more.

Comment

Might give that a try I have a tub full of racks I need to do something with. The process was messy and tended to crack pretty bad. The only ingredient I would have to add would be paper mache.

Comment

if you use this mix, you have about 15 min working time and it smooths real nice with water. I mix it thick like a clay for easy modeling. After the 15 min, it will take 24 hrs to cure before you cover with leather etc. I guess point is, don't mix up more than you can use relatively quickly. It will not crack very much, if any, and will get surprisingly hard.

Comment

I will give this a try next go around. I still have a set of Kudu horns I need to ship you

Comment

Ya killed it....nice

Comment

Working...
                            X