Eureka Springs Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka Springs Experiences?

So the family vacation we had planned to Estes Park has been postponed because the wedding that was to be the main event got postponed due to covid.

Now it looks like we'll be spending a week in Eureka springs mid July this year. Myself, the Mrs. and two boys aged 5 and 7. Any of y'all have any experiences that you can share, things we can't miss, things we should surely avoid? So far the list has Hogscald, the Beaver dam park, a trip down one of the caverns, either cosmic or onyx. a little fishing at the roaring river fish hatchery, war eagle cavern, then some antique shopping for the wife of course...

Give me all you got! Thanks in advance!

It’s a neat little town, we went up couple years back. Thorncrown Chapel is a fun stop, with cool history. Looks like you’re planning to visit all right places. Have fun!

Comment

They are very stoner friendly

Comment

We were there a few years ago and they had a big ‘Pride Parade’, then we walked in an old hotel said to be haunted. Other than that, I don’t remember much else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No activities usually at the Thorncrown Chapel, but it is worth a short stop.
          Pretty impressive architecture

We went to a live variety Hillbilly comedy and music show. Think it was called Ozark Mountain Hoedown. Fun and definitely G rated for all ages.
          Don't know if they are scheduling performances with the Covid thing.

The town is kind of a strange rendezvous of rednecks, hippies, bikers, christians and gays, and from what i saw everyone seems to get along.
          Last edited by texasair; 06-06-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

We have been several times and really enjoyed it, We stayed at the Cinnamon Valley lodges just on the edge of town has a couple of lakes and very quiet. There is the Passion of Christ play, the haunted hotel, zip lining which was really cool. It’s a really cool place to visit and the scenery is great.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              They are very stoner friendly
              I think I see what you did there.

Comment

It's Ok.

Comment

Been there several times, aways stay on the White River and mostly fish. We do go down town to eat dinner a couple of times and walk around. Not much for site seeing so can't help in that area, but the fishing is great!

Comment

If you stay at spider creek they rent boats. It’s a little dated but decent, if not you can book a guide at the Dam store for trout and there are lots of striped bass guides on beaver lake. Eureka springs itself is good for a half day of shopping or so and a few restaurants. The cave tour is cool too

Comment

Y’all must go to the chainsaw art place in Alpena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have some time, drive down HWY 23 (Called the Pig Trail too) and go to the Oark Store for a burger lunch and pie one day. Worth the drive for the food and scenery. Or, go over to Boxley Valley in the afternoon and watch the elk come out to pasture from the surrounding mountains.

Comment

Working...
                        X