Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a big promotion!

Not at work, but in my Cub Scout Pack.

Our current Cub Master has decided to step down. He's got three boys in Scouts, the oldest about to get his Eagle and the youngest will be a Webelo, this year. All 3 are in extracurricular activities and he realizes he was stretched thin.

He called me about 3 months ago; now I realize that it was kinda an interview to make sure our principles were in alignment. At the end of the conversation, he told me that he wanted to step down, and I was the first person that he thought about for his replacement and asked me to think about taking over as Cub Master.

The next time we talked, he asked me if I'd thought about it; I had, and I accepted the position. He announced it to the Pack parents in an email last week. I am slowly taking over his duties and he plans to make the official transfer at the end of the (Scouting) year Blue and Gold Banquet.

I am excited about Konnor's future in Scouts and am so happy to be a bigger part of it. From the outside looking in, it seems like a pretty easy job. When you see it from the inside, it's like running a small business, so say a little prayer for my sanity, if you're inclined!

Congrats! thats awesome

Comment

I wish my parents would have put me in scouts but i was always in sports and never had the chance. Ill definitely give my kids the opportunity

Comment

Good for you bud. Good luck

Comment

Were you the obvious choice because they won't have to purchased another adult uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
            Were you the obvious choice because they won't have to purchased another adult uniform?

Comment

^^ That's not right!

But you're not wrong either! Congrats Kevin!

Comment

Congrats. I was fortunate to be scoutmaster in boy scouts for 5 years. Both my sons obtained eagle scout. Unfortunately, I left the organization when mothers in our troop decided to start camping with us, not follow chains of commands and decided they know what's best for their children.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. We need Men to stand up and form young men/women...not always the Mom's!

Congrats. Just an hour a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                    Thanks, Duane!

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                    Congrats. I was fortunate to be scoutmaster in boy scouts for 5 years. Both my sons obtained eagle scout. Unfortunately, I left the organization when mothers in our troop decided to start camping with us, not follow chains of commands and decided they know what's best for their children.
                    That's kinda the stuff that we talked about. We both feel that the whole purpose of Scouting is for men to teach the boys about becoming a man. In our Pack, we do family campouts, but all of our Den Leaders are men. We do have two women, that are chairs, but they are not leaders. I think that our Pack runs pretty smooth.

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    Awesome. We need Men to stand up and form young men/women...not always the Mom's!

LOL, I've heard that so much. PC (pre-covid) I was spending at least a couple hours a week planning our Den meetings, so they were productive. Luckily, I have an incredible Assistant Den Leader that has never bucked my plans and helps me keep everything moving smoothly. I anticipate my time spent will increase significantly.

Comment

...…….enjoy the ride and be impactful as much as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        ...…….enjoy the ride and be impactful as much as possible!
                        This is so true. You have the opportunity to have men talk about your impact on their lives wayyyyy after you are gone! Make it count.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post

I stepped up when I was needed as well a mother of one of the boys, when my son young
                          it is kind of sad to see that 85% were the Moms, it made it harder for the few dads, 3 of us and 5 moms, when it came to taking them camping and earning the badges like the fishing shooting widdling (spelling is wrong perhaps) the bar of soap. but it sure was fun to see the boys grow and learn things other wise they would not have learned

Comment

Congratulations!

The Cub Scout Motto

Do Your Best!

Comment

Good deal.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X