174 4/8, Best Buck Ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

174 4/8, Best Buck Ever!!

Got my best buck ever!! Scored 174 4/8 laser score at Los Cazadores. Shot him at my family’s place in George West.

Had him in there the night before. Several deer at the feeder and they kept looking right at me. I was worried they were going to wind me. Turns out they weren’t looking at me, he was coming and walk right out from underneath me. When I first saw him, he was 3-4 yards in front of the blind. Jumps into the feeding station and presents me with a perfect shot at 13 yards. But at that close range, it was a steep angle in the blind for the shot, and this happened...

Everything took off, I’ve never been so defeated after a hunt. How often do you get multiple opportunities on a deer like this.

Go back in in the morning. Not a breath of wind, fart the wrong way and you’ll spook half the county type of situation. I really thought I was going to sit in the blind in futility.

Then the first deer I can make out as the sun starts coming up is this buck, maybe 6:15am. Sun keeps coming, more deer keep coming, but he lingers outside the feeding station, and never in a shop table spot. Finally jumps in the feeding station and immediately goes to the far side where I have no shot, and I can hardly see him. A couple of times I thought he might have left. It was so still out there if I had moved or leaned to get a good look at him, I would have spooked everything, especially with several weary old does in there eyeballing me. After about 45 minutes, maybe an hour (what felt like 4 hours), he finally presents me with a perfect quartering away shot at 22 yards. Smoke city with the Rage, he only went 30-40 yards. Best part, this is the first year I’ve started taking my son (3 years old) with me to the ranch. He was at the camp with grandpa, and I was able to have him with me when we tracked the buck and ultimately recovered the best buck of my life, and maybe the best buck I will ever kill. An epic year at the ranch this year. There’s been a 185, a 181, my 175, and 3 160’s taken so far this year. All low fence archery hunting. Great hunt!! Great buck!!

Wow! I hope your blind recovers! Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Awesome deer. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful deer, congrats

Comment

Great buck. Congrats

Comment

Nice buck congrats

Comment

That’s a helluva testimonial for management on a low fence ranch. Congrats on a great buck !

Comment

Great deer. The blind will be fine. Hit it right in the void.

Comment

Great buck. Great hat on your kiddo too!

Comment

No penetration with that Rage.

Congrats on such a nice buck

Comment

That's a good looking buck. Congratulations! Your son is an excellent tracker.

Comment

Awesome buck!!!! Big congrats to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice buck, congrats

Comment

Stud! Congrats!

Comment

I’d mount that blind shot on a deer hide.

Great deer

Comment

Working...
                              X