X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My Friday’s work- Messmer Oxford Brown on the cedar for house trim. A couple more hours and it’ll be done. Tomorrow we tackle the cedar board and batten.

We decided to pay a fellow to skin the metal garage doors with cedar barn doors. He’s starting them next week. This guy has some ‘humongous’ elk in his shop- private land access on Ted Turner’s land.

The roof on front side was finished today. The truss needs staining to match the posts.

Looking east, ‘that’ ridge will be where I’ll be for the archery elk opener if scouting/cams in August tell me what I want to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s what the cedar looks like.The blue garbage can adds effect!

Comment

Trimming out the electrical is underway. I was a sparky in another life!

Late Tuesday my wife called from our rental 10 miles north saying the sky was black and all he** was about to break loose. Here’s a northern thunder storm coming across the Rockies. The wind went from calm to 40+ mph in less than a minute.

As it started, a bald eagle flew 20 yards off the deck in front of me- he was fleeing looking for safe haven in the storm.

Thunderstorm to west over Ruby Mountains-

Still clear sky to the east-

The storm out the living room doors.

Comment

The internal trusses for the living room are being built. Here’s the first of 2 trusses.

They’ll go on both sides of the stone fireplace.

Comment

Incredible progress......

Rwc

Comment

Just.....wow.

Again, congrats sir. Living the dream for real.

Comment

Electrical panels were wired yesterday, I got to flip my first light switch in the garage.

Taking well water samples to an analytical lab. Water is so hard a spoon stands up in a cup of coffee!

Comment

Love following the progress! Congrats on living the Dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Livin' the dream indeed!! Bill, I'm afraid you are going to have to have a pad poured along side your driveway as the "reserved TBH Parking Spot"! I can see a lot of lowland visitors out your way!! I just cannot get over that million dollar view you have!!

Comment

Just beautiful, Bill. Looks like you are really going to miss California.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Livin' the dream indeed!! Bill, I'm afraid you are going to have to have a pad poured along side your driveway as the "reserved TBH Parking Spot"! I can see a lot of lowland visitors out your way!! I just cannot get over that million dollar view you have!!
                          Yeah, I may be knocking on his door for breakfast one day! Looks awesome!

Comment

2 bucks in the bachelor herd below our property.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

The trusses completed and awaiting rental of a lift to put in place. The internal web are 6x6, upper chords 8x8 and the bottom chord started as an 8x16 which we decided was too thick, so 3” was cut off to make 8x 13 and 8” high at thinnest point in center.

The electrician has sone ideas for low voltage lighting to illuminate them and the doug fir boards making up the ceiling. They go where the blocking is on both sides of fireplace.

All the Douglas Fir is from Mark’s Lumber in Clancy, Montana. I’ve towed the big trailer there twice to bring wood home.

Last edited by Bill; 07-06-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Trusses are going to look great in that room.

Keep up the updates, really enjoying it.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X