Clear All

Privileged White Person

I was born a Privileged White Person:
    Born in a small town into a middle class family,
    Both my parents worked for a living,
    But I was a privileged white person:
    Graduated in the lower part of my high school class,
    Went to a trade school, worked part time and went to school part time,
    My parents had to sign for a loan so I could borrow money to pay my own way,
    I was drafted as soon as I graduated from the trade school and worked in an iron ore mine underground until I joined the Navy for six years during the Vietnam War,
    After I got out I got a job and have worked everyday until I turned 66 and retired,
    I have been retired for 5 years and can't believe I'm still considered a PRIVILEGE WHITE PERSON!

To all those young demonstrators .... GROW UP QUIT WHINING AND GET A JOB!

Dont think many of them will come to TBH to find your post. But dont disagree with you.

Comment

Me too. I was privileged to crap in an outhouse and bathe in a dairy barn until age 8. I was privileged to eat cornbread and sweet milk about three nights a week until age 10. I wore shirts made from printed feed sacks. No tv until I was a teenager, and then only sporadically. No cell phone until I was in my forties. Quit school at sixteen because my daddy had a heart attack and couldn’t work. Supported mom and dad until they died, even after starting my own family. Kicked my first wife to the curb because she was made of the same stuff these weasels are made of. Worked my azz off ALL my life along with my second wife (the world’s only perfect wife) to get where I am.

But I was privileged to be born in the USA in the State of Texas where real men and women don’t whine about their lot in life. They get up off their butts and DO SOMETHING about it.

Comment

My life resembles these above. I'm just thankful for the opportunity God gave to me to enjoy all the things HE provided. Anything in life that I didn't achieve is totally MY fault and I'll own it. I used to dream of doing more and having more but at this point in life , downsizing is an everyday happening.
        I am privileged to have been raised in a home with loving parents and was privileged to pass that on to my kids.

Comment

Every single sum buck alive that was born in America is privileged.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Every single sum buck alive that was born in America is privileged.
            Exactly. That's about all there is to it. If you're in a country where you can say what you want or believe in whoever you want without getting thrown in prison or executed because of it I'd say you're pretty dang fortunate.
            Last edited by okrattler; 06-27-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Oh

I’m very white privileged too. I worked 30 or so years, 55-80 hour work weeks. Being I was a manager, hours are not counted. I’d had given an arm to be able to work a 50 hour week.

My job responsibilities hampered me so much, I never was able to carry on a relationship for any length of time. I lost more than 1 potential wife who complained my job came before her. But I knew I had to do what I was doing to survive. Because this is how it went, my white privilege earned me the right to zero heirs and zero wives.

I did what I did so that my heirs wouldn’t have to. But I have none ! So my nephews get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                I was born a Privileged White Person:
                Born in a small town into a middle class family,
                Both my parents worked for a living,
                Graduated in the lower part of my high school class,
                Went to a trade school, worked part time and went to school part time,
                My parents had to sign for a loan so I could borrow money to pay my own way,
                I was drafted as soon as I graduated from the trade school and worked in an iron ore mine underground until I joined the Navy for six years during the Vietnam War,
                After I got out I got a job and have worked everyday until I turned 66 and retired,
                I have been retired for 5 years and can't believe I'm still considered a PRIVILEGE WHITE PERSON!

To all those young demonstrators .... GROW UP QUIT WHINING AND GET A JOB!
                I was privileged white person. Did pretty close to the same thing. Except worked all my life since 13. Helped my brother on a dairy farm. Had no indoor plumbing until dad, a ww2 veteran, got the shallow well a pump. WHY DO THEY PUT JAR WELLS DOWN HILL FROM THE HOUSE? Full buckets of water walking up hill. Got out of school and went to work. Then drafted like you. Went to nam and thankfully I came home from in country. Many didnt. Went through high school in a small town during descredation. Wasn't a problem. There are good people and trash on both sides. I judge people by what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Me too. I was privileged to crap in an outhouse and bathe in a dairy barn until age 8. I was privileged to eat cornbread and sweet milk about three nights a week until age 10. I wore shirts made from printed feed sacks. No tv until I was a teenager, and then only sporadically. No cell phone until I was in my forties. Quit school at sixteen because my daddy had a heart attack and couldn’t work. Supported mom and dad until they died, even after starting my own family. Kicked my first wife to the curb because she was made of the same stuff these weasels are made of. Worked my azz off ALL my life along with my second wife (the world’s only perfect wife) to get where I am.

But I was privileged to be born in the USA in the State of Texas where real men and women don’t whine about their lot in life. They get up off their butts and DO SOMETHING about it.
                  So is it racist to be aware and/or say that obviously a greater % of one race makes something of themselves by trying harder than another race?

I honestly want to know exactly how hard these people actually tried in life before crying like babies screaming they're oppressed. I bet we'd laugh at the truthful answer.

Comment

You graduated? I dropped out changed my life got my GED, associate degree and last year 17 years later finished my bachelors degree. Got a paid off house, truck, and no student loans. These people think they are owed something for breathing because that’s what they teach in school now. No responsibility, no accountability

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmT-KDfkC0"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hard times make tough people.
                        Tough people make easy times.
                        Easy times make weak people.
                        Weak people make hard times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

obviously all of you are RACIST, talking about how you had to work for a living; turning you into tough people and all of that ****; how dare you denigrate lazy azz good for nothing pieces of shatt. #theirlivesmatter.
                          don't forget: you owe them.....

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Now that's wrong and why African Americans have a right to *****!
                            Someone needs to talk to that Sheriff!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                              Now that's wrong and why African Americans have a right to *****!
                              Someone needs to talk to that Sheriff!
                              yeah, that kind of crap is what causes a lot of the things that go on out here.
                              someone needs to send that deputy out to make samiches for the rest of the force.

Comment

Working...
                              X