Mandatory Masks & LTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandatory Masks & LTC

So with these mandatory mask orders being put in place how does the legally affect those of us carrying? Is there a protection for us in place when this is mandatory? Has anyone seen any real answer to this?

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    So with these mandatory mask orders being put in place how does the legally affect those of us carrying? Is there a protection for us in place when this is mandatory? Has anyone seen any real answer to this?
    Following![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Believe I read somewhere it was officers discretion. If not it makes you a felon.

Comment

Can I carry a gun while wearing a mask? Find answers to frequently asked questions about Texas law.

If that is correct, it's a non-issue. ??

Comment

I’ve never heard of it being illegal to wear a mask while carrying a firearm. I read the link in Shane’s post and it says the law in reference was repealed in the 70’s. Is this a rumor that just never went away or is there a current law that prohibits carrying a firearm while wearing a mask. I don’t recall anything from my LTC class or LE training, however it’s been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            https://faq.sll.texas.gov/questions/42558

If that is correct, it's a non-issue. ??
            That would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              I’ve never heard of it being illegal to wear a mask while carrying a firearm. I read the link in Shane’s post and it says the law in reference was repealed in the 70’s. Is this a rumor that just never went away or is there a current law that prohibits carrying a firearm while wearing a mask. I don’t recall anything from my LTC class or LE training, however it’s been a while.
              Possibly just rumor but always good to know for sure

Comment

Mandatory Masks & LTC

Possibly just rumor but always good to know for sure

Absolutely, you can never be too careful. Curious where you first heard about it? I see another poster above commented on how it’s a felony as well. No shortage of misinformation out there.

Comment

Absolutely, you can never be too careful. Curious where you first heard about it? I see another poster above commented on how it’s a felony as well. No shortage of misinformation out there.
                  Probably here haha. I don’t remember it from my LTC course

Comment

Probably here haha. I don’t remember it from my LTC course

LoL, fair enough! Hopefully someone can say definitely one way or the other.

Comment

When I started hearing the same fake news I went over to https://www.texaschlforum.com/

Those boys usually do a good job snuffing things out. The link Shane posted was referenced there.

Non-issue for Texas

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        When I started hearing the same fake news I went over to https://www.texaschlforum.com/

Those boys usually do a good job snuffing things out. The link Shane posted was referenced there.

Non-issue for Texas
                        Thanks

Comment

Now that the original question is answered, how about a pot stirring post? What if you refuse to follow a mandatory mask ordinance while carrying?

Comment

Now that the original question is answered, how about a pot stirring post? What if you refuse to follow a mandatory mask ordinance while carrying?

Where is there a mask law? I understood that the governor has prohibited any law that makes masks mandatory but businesses can enforce the mask ordinance only by asking you to leave or refusing you service (not making it criminal for the individual at any point). Non issue as far as I can see but love a pot stirring post!? [emoji6]

Comment

The recent mask orders are for businesses to require masks in situations where the employees and patrons can’t maintain the recommended social distances. Such as beauty salons etc. Abbott noted that while it is recommended for individuals to wear masks it is not required by law and it is on the business to ask you to leave if you choose not to comply.

Comment

Working...
                              X