Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    He is also an excellent movie director.

The Mule, Gran Torino, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby are all good movies.
    The Mule was AWESOME!!!

Comment

Dirty Harry movies are my favorite of his.

Comment

Not very many I didn’t like. Honestly “the mule” was slower paced than I was expecting but still enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
          False, check your facts.
          Exactly !

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Love me some Eastwood too, but the **** music in some of them drives me insane. The Good The Bad And The Ugly...Fistfull of Dollars...etc. "Waaa Wa Waaaaaaa....."

Dale, I got a whole new appriciation for espeically that Good, Bad & Ugly theme having actually watched it being performed... It's worth a watch... Pretty stinkin' awesome to see how they actually do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo"]YouTube[/ame]

But yea, the music score for his "Spaghetti Westerns" is pretty annoying at times... After watching the above video, you'll never watch the graveyard scene on GBNU the same again...

Comment

I really don't see why we need to compare the various actors/artists against one another... Heck I like John Wayne AND Clint Eastwood... Do I think one is better than the other... not really. Just different times, different settings... Heck, If you want to compare Clint Eastwood to John Wayne, you'd have to compare him in Rawhide the TV show to John Wayne to get an era comparison...

For those of you who think Eastwood is a liberal and leans left, You ought to go back and watch his talk at the REPUBLICAN National Convention... The Left's collective heads about exploded over that one when he was talking to the "empty chair"!!

They were both very good in their respective times and roles...

The thing that to me that IS superior is the music scores in the big John Wayne Westerns... I mean compare McClintock or Big Jake to A Fist Full of Dollars, Two Mules for Sister Sara or any of Clint's Spaghetti Westerns... The John Wayne music scores just went with the big screen with big sound...

Comment

JW vs CE

I love the Howard hawks directed red river , TGB&U is epic movie
                Enjoy both equally

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I really don't see why we need to compare the various actors/artists against one another... Heck I like John Wayne AND Clint Eastwood... Do I think one is better than the other... not really. Just different times, different settings... Heck, If you want to compare Clint Eastwood to John Wayne, you'd have to compare him in Rawhide the TV show to John Wayne to get an era comparison...

For those of you who think Eastwood is a liberal and leans left, You ought to go back and watch his talk at the REPUBLICAN National Convention... The Left's collective heads about exploded over that one when he was talking to the "empty chair"!!

They were both very good in their respective times and roles...

The thing that to me that IS superior is the music scores in the big John Wayne Westerns... I mean compare McClintock or Big Jake to A Fist Full of Dollars, Two Mules for Sister Sara or any of Clint's Spaghetti Westerns... The John Wayne music scores just went with the big screen with big sound...

Agree on all accounts.

It’s not fair really to compare Eastwood to Wayne. Some of these millennials that say John Wayne was a bad actor must not realize how long ago it was. If he was a “bad actor” in his westerns according to millennials I wonder who (in their opinion) was better at it in his time?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                    Who? Clint sucks, John Wayne too! Tombstone is the worst movie ever made....
                    Fill your hand you son of a.......

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      JW vs CE

I love the Howard hawks directed red river , TGB&U is epic movie
                      Enjoy both equally

That’s settles it! You noticed no one was standing behind Eastwood. They all knew John Wayne would shoot first

Just for the record, I love them both.

Comment

Get off my lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Agree on all accounts.

It’s not fair really to compare Eastwood to Wayne. Some of these millennials that say John Wayne was a bad actor must not realize how long ago it was. If he was a “bad actor” in his westerns according to millennials I wonder who (in their opinion) was better at it in his time?

I though Adam Sandler was good in The Ridiculous 6.

. Jk but working on my rebuttal to why Clint isn't who you think he is. Full disclaimer, I did not realize he was giving speeches at nra conventions... But he also has been supporting restrictive gun laws since 1973...sooooo.... There's that. Anywho, more to come when I find time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Get off my lawn.
                            Uh no
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              Actually, I do. Clint Eastwood in real life is a huge liberal and extremely anti 2nd amendment. He stands for nothing he portrayed in any movie. But I guess that's why it's called acting.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Fake News

Comment

2020: Eastwood supports democratic candidate Mike Bloomberg.
                                "...it turns out Mike Bloomberg has the actor’s support. ‘The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there,’ Eastwood told the outlet.”
                                2016: Eastwood says picking Trump over Hillary a "tough decision."
                                ...expressed a preference for Trump’s election in 2016 over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, although he added that that choice was “tough.”

Eastwood on abortion:
                                Eastwood has stated that he has always been pro-choice on abortion.
                                Eastwood on marriage equality:
                                He has endorsed the notion of allowing gays to marry
                                Eastwood on gun control:
                                Despite being both a gun enthusiast[25] and heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and police movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of The Washington Post, the star said, "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[26] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree."[27] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[28] In 1993, he noted that he "...was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[29] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "my interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...2,So%20what%3F'

This will be my last post in regards to Clint Eastwood's political stances. This is a good thread in which I did not mean to derail...he's a good actor, but I'm not a movie person. Carry on friends.

I'm not really sure what to think of him from a personal standpoint. He says he is a libertarian, but not all of his stances align with the libertarian agenda. He was a republican, gave a speech at an NRA event in 2012, but he has been pro-gun since the early 70s... An interesting cat none the less, I will respect his career in theatrics.

Edit: I should also note that I do not endorse any of the above stances on social issues. I stated I didn't like Clint due to his political stances, was asked to provide facts, and did just that. Please do not assume I am for or against any of the above mentioned stances.

Comment

Working...
                                X