Little scorpion help .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    I have been stung on the nut sack before. That hurt like crazy .

It doesn’t get any worse than that.

Comment

I don’t know what our exterminator uses but it’s pretty effective.

Comment

Onslaught Fastcap Is labeled for scorpions. I’ve only used it for spiders so I can’t vouch for its effectiveness on scorpions

Comment

Demon seems to work for us. Spray Inside baseboards and on the porch.

BP

Comment

I spray Demon inside and outside the ranch house at least once a month with excellent results. So far this year I’ve had only one little sucka inside the house and he was very sluggish.

Comment

I use Bifen IT and I spray a generous dose outside and really well around doors and bases of windows. I also do inside with a hand sprayer with a brass nozzle that can deliver a fine mist without puddling. I find dead scorpions a long as I do this every 3 months like clockwork. If I let it go too long or lots of rain in between they come back...

Comment

I place the sticky mouse traps behind the toilets and under dressers. You would not believe the scorpions and other random bugs they catch. Luckily we have never been stung by any.

Comment

Onslaught is what we use with good results.

Comment

Demon and the flat glue boards under furniture.

Comment

I keep wanting to try that diatomaceous earth. I have been told it works, but not sure how long it takes to kill a bug, once they have walked through it.

My wife has a brand of poison she uses, it works pretty good, along with glue traps all over the house. We still get them. We don't have much of any other type of bugs, but guaranteed we will have scorpions.

Where we live now, we find two to four a week, a lot more than I would have thought we would have here. When growing up on the coast, in a sandy area, I can only remember about two scorpions in 20 years. Since the area we live now is sandy, with no rocks, I figured very few scorpions. That was wrong, we have a decent population of them.

But it's not anywhere near as bad as where we used to live, I would kill 13 plus a night, with 27 being the record. That was every night, before I went to sleep, if it was during the spring or summer months. After my wife moved in, and started poisoning them and setting out glue traps, we would only find three to maybe five a night. You could never go through the evening routine and make it to bed, without finding a few of them.

I have noticed over the years, that when it rains, the numbers you will get in your house will increase. I have assumed over the years, it's a result of water getting down in the rocks they live in, pushing them to the surface and looking for a dry place to hang out. But then we don't have any rocks here, but we still get more scorpions after it rains. I guess the rain, washes them out from under dead logs and whatever else they are hiding under also.

Also on the glue traps, my wife gets the ones you can fold up, so they make a little triangular tube. Scorpions, like to find things to get inside of or under. We do catch them in those traps all the time.

Comment

Back when we had a bad problem with them I sprayed Bifen from about a foot up the wall to about 3 feet from the house all the way around. It took about 3 days but we started finding scorpions belly up all over the place. Now if you want to have some fun, get yourself a black light and a can of Black Flag. The scorpions will glow under the black light so they are super easy to find. When you spray them with the black flag they will lock up for about 10 or 15 seconds then they will start stinging themself over and over until they die. From spray to death is roughly a minute

Comment

Demon. Mostly because you kill whatever they are eating, and they'll disappear as well. The glue traps will alarm you but effective. All kinds of crazy critters you did not know you had will be on the glue traps.

Comment

I use demon around the outside of the house as well as spray around baseboards, behind the refrigerator and the washer and dryer. It kills them pretty good, but I still see one in the house every now and then.

About 3 weeks ago I killed 15 on the outside of the house. My wife killed one with babies all over its back last week and then I found one two days later. I kept walking around the house and sprayed them with RAID Spider and Scorpion killer. It's fun to watch them sting themselves and then flip over.

I haven't sprayed in the attic, but I'm sure they're up there. The feed store used to carry an aerosol bomb that killed them, but they don't carry it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Matteo View Post
                              Uv flashlight and go night hunting with hemastats.
                              Anyone remember the beltbuckles with scorpions in them?
                              Did this last weekend. The number of scorpions we found was absolutely amazing. Most were lying right up against the cement slab. I'd always heard about finding them with UV lights, but I had no idea how much they glow.

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
                                Onslaught Fastcap Is labeled for scorpions. I’ve only used it for spiders so I can’t vouch for its effectiveness on scorpions
                                Spray this. I have knocked our numbers way down with it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X