When does TPWD post 2020 public hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Camping is surely safer than staying in a hotel in terms of virus stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if they whack standby's to keep crowds down. I wouldn't support it but wouldn't be surprised.
    The email I got a couple of months ago said there weren't standbys this year.
    Last edited by grizzman; 06-06-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on the process. Regarding the odds of getting drawn, we understand it’s far from a sure thing. However, it is an opportunity to hunt in some areas that are otherwise not accessible to hunters. It’s not just the hunt/kill that makes it interesting for me, it’s the experience, adventure, seeing a new place, etc. I’d rather put in and have a chance at a memorable adventure, than not even try and reduce my odds to zero. Also, it’s my understanding that Loyalty Points are accumulated each year, so with some persistence I expect the odds will fall in our favor eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        The email I got a couple of months ago said there weren't standbys this year.
        Just curious as to what the email was about more specifically. Just about the standby hunt process???

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          Just curious as to what the email was about more specifically. Just about the standby hunt process???
          It had to do with changes in the way they will do orientations and doing away with standbys for the upcoming hunts due to covid19. I thought they were talking about 20-21 but maybe it was just the remaining 19-20 hunts.

Comment

Comment

That email was sent out before the spring Turkey hunts and some feral hog hunts. I took it to mean those remaining hunts, not this fall season.

Comment

Waiting on a call from Baffin Bay Rod and Gun Club, for a 2 day Labor Day cast and blast trip. Couldn't book till they have the dove opener dates.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                  Waiting on a call from Baffin Bay Rod and Gun Club, for a 2 day Labor Day cast and blast trip. Couldn't book till they have the dove opener dates.
                  It’s always been September 1st, no matter what day it fell on.

Comment

i would appreciate you guys skipping putting in for matador GDE and MD this year, let me get mine out of the way and i wont put in ever again, thus being out of your way

Comment

Fibber!!!

Comment

So is the Haggerman hunt going to be listed on the TPWD draw system this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post

It should be

Comment

Yes, but it will still require a bowhunter education card and an archery proficiency test. That should keep lots of folks from applying.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Will those be require to apply or just be required to be done by the time the hunt starts?

Comment

Will those be require to apply or just be required to be done by the time the hunt starts?

Check hagerman hunting regs.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X