Fredricksburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredricksburg

Folks my better half is an ICU nurse and as you all could imagine, she needs a much deserved break. I would like to take her to Fredericksburg for a couple of nights. Looking for recommendations on best place to stay.

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
    Folks my better half is an ICU nurse and as you all could imagine, she needs a much deserved break. I would like to take her to Fredericksburg for a couple of nights. Looking for recommendations on best place to stay.
    First tell her we said thank you for her service. Are you wanting to stay in town, out in the country or just on the outskirts?

Comment

Came through downtown Fred Saturday afternoon. Didn't see much open but a few of the usual tourist types were walking around.

Comment

This is in town and a great place to stay.

Just off Main Street, KingWood Suites has been called the best-kept secret of Fredericksburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          First tell her we said thank you for her service. Are you wanting to stay in town, out in the country or just on the outskirts?
          ive only been there once on a hunt so I am not real familiar with what there is to do there. She is big into looking at antiques. Also there is a place there that she is always talking about that makes the best mead.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
            Came through downtown Fred Saturday afternoon. Didn't see much open but a few of the usual tourist types were walking around.
            This will second week of June so with any luck things will be open by then

Comment

Bob Phillips "Escondito Lodge" is a really nice place...…..

Comment

Several awesome wineries/wine...and a bunch of not so great. Dont think any are open except for wine club pick up, but here are several I recommend: Becker: very good wine, great folks. Pedernales: excellent, but expensive wine. William Chris: Great wine, great ambience. Bingham: Excellent wine, family is one of main grape growers for Texas wines. There are MANY more that I recommend but hitting those for 1-2 days you will be safe. My wife and I visit every month and have membership to many wineries. Love it there!

Comment

Fredricksburg Inn and you can leave your car and walk into town.

Comment

This is the place we always used:

They have hundeds of places in F’burg to stay. Hotels, B&B, cabins, in town, out of town. If you can’t find something you like thru them, it’s probably not out there!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If she enjoys animals take her to “Country inn and cottages.”

We stayed in a little cottage house and loved every minute of it. My son got to pet elk, and had axis and whitetails outside our window every morning and evening.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There were quite a few folks in town yesterday when I went through there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            If she enjoys animals take her to “Country inn and cottages.”

We stayed in a little cottage house and loved every minute of it. My son got to pet elk, and had axis and whitetails outside our window every morning and evening.
                            that sounds like the place for us. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Ill let her know she is appreciated. The covid stuff was rough for a couple weeks in early April. It has seemed to follow the national trend and is slowing down for them at her hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X