Lent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lent

With the conclusion of Fat Tuesday and the arrival of Ash Wednesday we Catholic's (and others) enter into a period of prayer, fasting, spiritual contemplation, and self denial. I know, I would agree wholeheartedly that I could definitely do all those things a lot more outside of Lent, however I always find Lent a powerful time in self development and with breaking bad habits. Typically I have some friends that give something up with me more out of competition than anything, and we always have fun with this.

I wish everybody luck should they give up a habit they're trying to break! I was able to quit chewing tobacco this way in 2012, and am going to give up alcohol all the way to Easter. Looking forward to it and God bless you all!

Marshall

I am currently in my 38th year of not giving anything up for lent. I guess you could say I have a hell of a streak going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem View Post
      i am currently in my 38th year of not giving anything up for lent. I guess you could say i have a hell of a streak going.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
      Haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        I am currently in my 38th year of not giving anything up for lent. I guess you could say I have a hell of a streak going.

I'm at 47 years.... but I'm not Catholic

Comment

I was wondering why i was seeing people walking around with x marks the spot on their forehead today .

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

**** you old cuz. Just a old baptist boy here.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Just FYI, that's NOT an x mark. It's a cross. Thank you!

Comment

Agreed on the self reflection and prayer. Wife told me this morning what she is giving up and I told her that would be hard to do since I’m not giving that up........ she didn’t think it was funny and I think she may have been serious.

Today is an easy fast day but Friday’s hurts with baseball games and what not

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post

Today is an easy fast day but Friday’s hurts with baseball games and what not
                    That's the truth! We always look forward to holding out all day and pigging out on fried fish and oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                      That's the truth! We always look forward to holding out all day and pigging out on fried fish and oysters.
                      I hear that but being on the road, we feed the team fast food. Whataburger fish isn’t the best but at home games, I get some nada fish fry which is amazing.

Comment

All I can commit to is doing without meat on the 30th thru 31st of Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          I was wondering why i was seeing people walking around with x marks the spot on their forehead today .

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            **** you old cuz. Just a old baptist boy here.

That's not old, Justin. That's prime.

Comment

Grew up in New Orleans. Strong Catholic city.

While I did not grow up on Catholic, I'll say that during lent, I became Catholic. We ate crawfish every Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X