Old pups last ride - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old pups last ride - Part 2

I posted several months ago about our old lady GSD who we thought was near the end. Initial diagnosis was Diabetic complications...well, more testing showed that her hypoglycemia was caused by a tumor on her pancreas. Vet put her on steroids and said it may by some time. She’s was better for about 3 months or so. The last week she has really gone down hill, almost daily it seems. Yesterday she wasn’t able to get herself up in the morning without help. Her hips are bad, but this was a first. Today, she wasn’t able to control her bowels overnight and couldn’t get up again. Going in at 2 this afternoon for the inevitable. I know it’s time and she has lived a good life of 14 years. Still, it’s always sucks. We rescued her 8 years ago and she’s been a dang good dog. Lindsay is having a rough time with it. Send some good thought and a prayer or two if you can...

My old dog is getting close as well. It's like losing a friend or family member. Sorry to hear this.

Comment

Sad. Im sorry buddy.

Comment

Oh, gosh this was hard to read.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and understanding your pain. God speed.

Comment

Prayers for you and your pup, I know its rough.

Comment

Hard for sure, my boxer just turned 16 and I dread the day when goes.

Comment

Sorry to hear bud, that's tuff.

Comment

so sorry to hear this... On Aug. 8th I lost my 18 year old best friend. I'll say a prayer for you and your family!!

Comment

This always sucks, sorry to hear.

Comment

sorry for your loss, Its never easy when it comes to having to put a dog down.

Comment

Always hurts...… But, you know, your doing the right thing.....
                      sorry man……
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	meme9-56a332113df78cf7727c5638.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24591739

Comment

I had to do this last year. Not an easy decision. Prayers sent.

Comment

Rescues are some of the best dogs. Good on you, you gave that pup a better life than 99% that get put in a shelter.

Comment

Hate that for you. Mine is coming soon but at least he still has some good days. I'm worried about him getting through the winter. Meanwhile my neighbors across the street are walking their boxer in a sling because her hip displaysia is so bad she can't even stand up. I want to tell them it's time to that right thing for that pup.

Comment

we have one the we rescued about 8 yrs ago as well and he is getting to his final days. He is living it up in the house (we don't usually let them in doors).

Comment

Working...
                              X