No announcement yet.

2018 Coyote Kill Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We starting this count over January 1? We are going to New Mexico for 4 days in a couple weeks but then going to lay off them until January when the tourneys start up again then it is going to be a bad time to be a coyote in West Texas.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      We starting this count over January 1? We are going to New Mexico for 4 days in a couple weeks but then going to lay off them until January when the tourneys start up again then it is going to be a bad time to be a coyote in West Texas.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      I should have posted this as 2018 and 2019 coyote kills. I didn't think about that until after I did that. I guess we can start a new one come 2019.

Comment

Went 3 for 3!!! Cooler temps have them moving for sure!!!

I’ve got some “before we shot em” pics over on our Instagram page (along with plenty of other critters) if y’all wanna check it out @tag_outdoors

Comment

I killed one last weekend. A young female.

Comment

Nov 18th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a 19 year old girl shoot 3 from her deer stand last weekend. Saw 3 come in and shot 2 of them and an hour later from a different direction she had 2 come in and was able to shoot 1 of them.

Comment

I shot one with my .270 yesterday! (he's in the happy hunting ground now)

Comment

Called in a double around 11:30 this morning. Shot the first coyote at around 50 yards. The other took off runnin and all I could see was his head. Lead him a little and squeezed the trigger. Dropped him at 125 yards.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Called in another double at 5:30 this afternoon. They both spooked and weren't quite sure about coming on in to the call. I dropped the first coyote and launched the second round over the other ones head while it was running away. Saw the first one get up and spin so I shot him again. Swung back to the other one and it disappeared in the sagebrush. Looked back and the first one was trying to crawl away so I shot him again. So now I have one to skin and sew up.....

That makes 123 now I believe.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by okrattler; 12-08-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I shot this one a couple of weeks ago while deer hunting. Biggest yote I’ve killed, and very light in color. For reference, I’m 6’7” tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                        I shot this one a couple of weeks ago while deer hunting. Biggest yote I’ve killed, and very light in color. For reference, I’m 6’7” tall.

That is a pale colored coyote. I've noticed that most coyotes down in Texas,or at least the ones I've shot were darker than they are up here.

Comment

Most of ours are, but I have a few that are light like he is. Killed an old male a few years age, just like this one. His canines were all broken, and he was pretty scarred up from fighting. We’re not far from OK, about 5 miles south of the river. Here’s a pic of the other light one.

Comment

Called in another one this afternoon. My buddy shot it with the .223 and it took off. I found it about 100 yards from where he hit it.

Comment

Got this one on the run yesterday afternoon at our lease in lampasas while driving out for the afternoon hunt. Luckily I was in the truck still and had the 243 in the backseat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

127, I think

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X