Going Back to School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Back to School

I would have never in a million years that I would be going back to any kind of school after graduating Texas A&M.. But I just officially enrolled in the Electrical Lineworker Program at NW Lineman College in Denton.. Class starts May 4 and graduation is August 14.

I have a ton of friends who are lineman. They all love it, the money is great and unlike the oilfield the work is always steady.. I had a good 12 years running my dads oilfield company but I think its time for something new..

Any Lineman on here?

Awesome and good luck. I’ve got some buddies that donut and they love it especially during hurricanes.

Comment

I did it when I was younger ! lot's of good times and bad .

Comment

My dad did it and worked his way up and retired in a supervisory role. It always provided well for our family. I think the biggest thing you have to be ready for is the call outs, they come often generally in the worst weather conditions. Good luck!

Comment

I worked on a line crew for >20 years, now in Management......Some days I sure miss being on a crew.

Comment

Good on you!

Curious what your A&M degree was in?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              I would have never in a million years that I would be going back to any kind of school after graduating Texas A&M.. But I just officially enrolled in the Electrical Lineworker Program at NW Lineman College in Denton.. Class starts May 4 and graduation is August 14.

I have a ton of friends who are lineman. They all love it, the money is great and unlike the oilfield the work is always steady.. I had a good 12 years running my dads oilfield company but I think its time for something new..

Any Lineman on here?

I’ve got almost 5 years of experience doing linework. I didn’t go the lineman college route myself, but have worked with a lot of people that have. I love what I do, and the bond you create with your brothers is like no other. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Good on you!

Curious what your A&M degree was in?
                Ag Econ.. Basically the redneck business school. lol.. Went to school fully knowing I was going to come back and work with the family business.. However with the current situation I feel that becoming a lineman is the more secure route..

Comment

Too dang old to go back to school for anything unless it is hunting for a living and making money! Good luck in your venture from an Aggie, Class of 75!

Comment

Wish I could do the same at this point, starting to get scary at FESCO. But I can swing a hammer like no other and do math like a calculator so that’s might be why I’m still hangin on. Good luck and praying you have many opportunities come your way.

Comment

My cousin has been a lineman his entire life and is supervisor now. When the weather gets bad and everyone is hunkering down you better be ready to roll.

How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        My cousin has been a lineman his entire life and is supervisor now. When the weather gets bad and everyone is hunkering down you better be ready to roll.

How old are you?
                        34.. and weather doesnt bother me

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          34.. and weather doesnt bother me
                          Good luck and get after it-there is plenty of money to be made. I remember visiting my uncles ranch in Oklahoma and there was CB radios in all the trucks and house just in case the phonelines went down and my cousin got called out.

If I was younger I would probably join you

Comment

I wanted to be an electrician once, but I found out my parents were married so I couldn’t be! 😀. Can you tell I’m an instrument technician? 😂😂

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X