Houston Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Marathon

I know this is a long shot here, but I screwed up this Christmas. I promised my GF I would get here the Houston marathon for Christmas but my dumb arse waited too long to register and it was sold out when I went to register
    Now she's, ehhm, unhappy to say the least. Does anyone know of a way to buy secondary from someone who's not going to run? I offered the marathon organizers a significant donation to try and get in late, but they're not being very cooperative. Any help from my GS brothers or sisters?

Can’t always run from your problems..

Comment

If you are referring to the Jan 2019 marathon, at this point, your best bet is to try and find a registered person that doesn't want to run. You will be registered under their name, etc., though.

Just for future reference, standard sign up for the Houston marathon opens the day after the current year marathon and is open for about 8 weeks. If there are not enough registrants, they re-open it around June for a few days. They don't have a lottery system anymore, it's first come, first serve, until the standard registration is full. If you want in for 2020 race, best to sign up the Monday following the 2019 race.

Comment

I could just take y’all up 59 a ways and drop you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
          I know this is a long shot here, but I screwed up this Christmas. I promised my GF I would get here the Houston marathon for Christmas but my dumb arse waited too long to register and it was sold out when I went to register
          Now she's, ehhm, unhappy to say the least. Does anyone know of a way to buy secondary from someone who's not going to run? I offered the marathon organizers a significant donation to try and get in late, but they're not being very cooperative. Any help from my GS brothers or sisters?
          Did you look at registering and running for a charity bib? Looks like running for the Astros foundation is still active. It'll cost you $350.

Link

Comment

I think the Houston marathon folks sort of frown on bib trading, but you might check with some of the local running clubs to see if anyone has one available.

Kingwood Fit
            HARRA
            Sienna
            USA fit
            And there are others

Comment

Unless you're from Ethiopia, you're not gonna win anyway. Just show up and run your arse off!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                Did you look at registering and running for a charity bib? Looks like running for the Astros foundation is still active. It'll cost you $350.

Link
                I did, I was even willing to pay the $500 as a fundraiser but that only gets you the 5K and they have closed registration for the "Hero" level that is the $350.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                    Can’t always run from your problems..
                    Yeah I thought this would be a funny comment one time and it's a good thing I like sleeping on the couch with my pup..

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                      Awesome, thank you!

Comment

I’m fairly certain you can still do the fundraiser option for a charity. I did it through the ALS program a few years ago. It is different than the hero registration.
                        The als program requires a $750 obligation and looks to be open until January 18th.

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

Before I bought one I would make dang sure that it is transferable!

IF she has been training her tail off and has goals of running one of the majors and runs under a bib number that is not hers she will forfeit her time.

Another option for you is one of the RNR Marathons, I do believe the RNR New Orleans is coming up and its a awesome race to run, and its also a GREAT race to Qualify for Boston on

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            I think the Houston marathon folks sort of frown on bib trading, but you might check with some of the local running clubs to see if anyone has one available.

Kingwood Fit
                            HARRA
                            Sienna
                            USA fit
                            And there are others

Pretty sure he’s correct. I’ll see you out there, this is my third and final one. Hoping for cold weather! Good luck

Comment

Awesome, thank you!
                              Were you successful in getting a bib? If not, there are others posted on CL now.

Comment

Working...
                              X