308 hunting rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    Second this one. I shot FMJ remingtons before and didn’t have great results. Had one get away from me after watching a rear shoulder hit at 50-60 yards. Never found that deer. Most would run a minimum of 30 yards with the FMJ’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For hunting critters I'll probably stay away from FMJ. Might find some FMJ for 2 legged critters just in case though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
      We like the 308 in Winchester Deer Season XP 150grain. It’s a deer dropper.
      This is what my dad uses...does the job and then some!

Comment

My gun loves federal gold medal 165 grain btsp

Comment

I’ve had a lot of quality groups from Federal Premium with Nosler Partition and Hornady Outfitter with the GMX. That GMX bullet is impressive. Crushed an Aoudad’s both shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Second this one. I shot FMJ remingtons before and didn’t have great results. Had one get away from me after watching a rear shoulder hit at 50-60 yards. Never found that deer. Most would run a minimum of 30 yards with the FMJ’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            i would expect poor results since it is not hunting ammo!

Comment

My gun loves anything 168gr. A lot less options but tons more accuracy for me personally. I’m shooting a very lightweight low profile barrel.

I chose the 168gr Berger hybrid hunter this year. Shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

165gr federal fusions in all 3 of my 308s

Comment

I like the Hornady Precision hunter.

Comment

When I bought my 308 I started getting everything to load for it.

Powder was hard to come by then so I sighted in on core lokts. It killed so well I never got around to working up a load. 150gr CL easy mode

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Federal Fusion 165gr. My go to in 308.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                        Hornady American Hunter has given me the best combination of accuracy and killing abilities.
                        This is the only thing I've shot out of mine. I have been impressed for sure. I can't say its better or worse than anything else though because I've never put anything else through that .308.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          Hornady American Hunter has given me the best combination of accuracy and killing abilities.
                          There’s Hornady:
                          American Gunner
                          Precision Hunter
                          American Whitetail

I haven’t seen an American Hunter.

Comment

Shot the Barnes Vortex for a few years, and believe it or not, didn't seem to have the best results with it? Switched to the Hornady 150gr SST and it's been a little bit better. Once I have shot up all these SST's, I am gonna try the 150gr Core Lokt's. They are half the price and I bet they shoot just the same or better.

Comment

My Savage 99F likes the Hornady Superformance 165gr SST

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                                Core Lokt has never let me down so I haven't had to try any of the others.
                                Same here. I reload too but my Rem700 shoots it so well I quit loading for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X