Leupold Rifleman vs VX Freedom scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold Rifleman vs VX Freedom scope

Looking at the Rifleman 3-9x50 vs the VX-Freedom 3-9x50.
    One any better than the other??

Just needing a cheaper but good scope to put on a Ruger American 308

Yes get the freedom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Yes get the freedom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Cool

It’s a little cheaper too

Comment

I got one of the freedom EFRs to try out when I couldn’t find a vx2 efr for a rimfire. It’s not a bad rimfire scope. It lives on a tacsol x ring. Seems to do fine.

Comment

I've got that Freedom on a 243 and its been great.

Comment

How does the VX freedom compare to other brands at the same price point? I just bought one for my AR. Haven't owned a Leupold before.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              How does the VX freedom compare to other brands at the same price point? I just bought one for my AR. Haven't owned a Leupold before.
              I'd say as good or better than anything in it's range and the added benefit of USA...USA...and one heck of a warranty. One time I had a stupid koplin gun boot break the front objective off the tube on a XVIII 3.5X10AO. I called Leupold and explained it wasn't their fault but the cases fault but could it be repaired. They told me sent it in. I got a letter stating they didn't have the 3.5X10 AO anymore would I mind if the sent me a VXIII 4.5X14 AO. I really didn't need the extra power but they sure stood by their product even though I didn't think they were at fault. 95% of my scopes are Leupold, mostly because it is a good product.

Comment

Back in the day I always bought Leupold. Figured why not again. lol

Waiting on rings and in process of ordering several different factory 308s and see what works best.

Comment

The Freedom series uses the glass from the previous generation VX3 which was middle of the road glass. Better than some (Vortex) not as good as others (Zeiss Conquest).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    Back in the day I always bought Leupold. Figured why not again. lol

Waiting on rings and in process of ordering several different factory 308s and see what works best.

Did you figure out your rings Mike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For the money the freedoms are impressive

Comment

Working...
                      X