No announcement yet.

Can Chauvin get a fair trial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have to find him guilty. They will burn the US to the ground if he doesn’t get the max sentence. He also won’t last very long in the pen.

Comment

Nope, not there.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I stay fairly educated on our retirement system and the in/outs. I have received calls from about 6 different guys today asking questions about bust out checks, buying years of service, and how to get actual retirement numbers. I would imagine this is going on nationwide. There is about to be a real shortage of guys to take 911 calls soon. Some folks may get exactly what they are asking for and it may get a little western in some major cities soon.
        Same thing is happening in Oklahoma. Numerous retirements in the last week or so.

Comment

Can Chauvin get a fair trial?

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          They have to find him guilty. They will burn the US to the ground if he doesn’t get the max sentence. He also won’t last very long in the pen.

Ancillary conspiracy theory... would not be surprised if he is pressured by state or federal “officials” to plead guilty then gets whisked off to a nicer prison to spend his sentence in ad seg as payment. If he goes to gen pop, he’s probably dead.

...similar to Michael Slager pleading guilty to a federal civil rights crime

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — One by one, relatives of the late Walter Scott urged a judge to mete out a significant punishment for Michael Slager, the white former police officer who fatally shot Scott, an unarmed black man, in the back after a 2015 traffic stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Last edited by txpitdog; 06-09-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

they'll have to send him to GITMO to keep him alive.

Comment

If he is found guilty he will never see general population. As far as a fair trial it will be very hard. Every juror will have the turmoil in the back of their mind. Not sure the State will have to prove guilt in this one as solid. ME report- in a non political trial would be hard if not impossible for the State to overcome. Not sure he will get “proof beyond a reasonable doubt that his actions caused the death”. Lots of chemicals on board combined with health issues in a “normal” case would be a huge hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                If he is found guilty he will never see general population. As far as a fair trial it will be very hard. Every juror will have the turmoil in the back of their mind. Not sure the State will have to prove guilt in this one as solid. ME report- in a non political trial would be hard if not impossible for the State to overcome. Not sure he will get “proof beyond a reasonable doubt that his actions caused the death”. Lots of chemicals on board combined with health issues in a “normal” case would be a huge hurdle.
                I couldn't convict him of murder from what I have seen......
                reckless manslaughter possibly.....

I always thought murder required intent

Comment

If I was on the jury I can not tell you if I could or couldn't convict him of. Id have to see, hear, and see all evidence. If the evidence brought forth supported the charges then I could convict him if not I would not and could not convict.

Comment

It doesn’t matter, thug and bad cops off the street...winning !

Comment

I'd go so far as to say that if Kueng and Lane aren't found guilty of something akin to accessory to murder we are in for another round of unrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        It will be a slow process...especially when the big show comes (the civil trial). The end goal will be the big $$$$$. I hope that the pregnant female that had a gun put on her by Floyd (during the home invasion he was convicted of) is keeping track of all this and files her own civil suit/lien on the future judgement that will be coming.
                        Through all of this, this has been my biggest question. Where is this woman? Why does it seem Saint Floyd’s crime victim(s) are silent? Hopefully they’re waiting to pounce and call in ole George’s debt at a later date and not drinking this koolaid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                          I couldn't convict him of murder from what I have seen......
                          reckless manslaughter possibly.....

I always thought murder required intent
                          Murder is going to be hard to prove when the cause of death is heart attack or covid or fetanyl and so on and so forth

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                            Murder is going to be hard to prove when the cause of death is heart attack or covid or fetanyl and so on and so forth
                            If they could convict Amber Guyger of murder it's a foregone conclusion they will convict Derek Chauvin.

Comment

I think they really messed up when they cranked up the murder charge & will be more difficult to prove intent...bottom line it is going to come down to his lawyer & the picking of jurors. Involuntary would have been easier to stick & I may be all wet as I previously was thinking he has to be the fall guy or we'll have another round of riots, but with the murder he only needs one to not think it's a stretch.

Maybe someone can better explain the differences in the initial charges vs the ramped up but I'm 50/50 on this now.

I'm also curious what happens to others w/ two being rookies just days on the force.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                                If they could convict Amber Guyger of murder it's a foregone conclusion they will convict Derek Chauvin.
                                Lol i believe the cause of death was directly related to her gun. Little more cut n dried I'd say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X