Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Who the hail they think they are?
    Private business owners. Respect their wishes or avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
      They’re also in business serving the public and as a customer I would probably courteously let them know what I think of invasive policies. Sometimes, like the guy who goes there, you gotta deal with it if there are no other options.
      Gotta love the irony of respecting their right as private business owners to require you to present documents that are none of their business. [emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post

They aren’t ATF or LE. They have no right to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

True, but they do have the right to make you leave for whatever reason they so choose. Be it refusing play hide the pickle, or not showing your papers for an sbr. It's their land, their rules.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            True, but they do have the right to make you leave for whatever reason they so choose. Be it refusing play hide the pickle, or not showing your papers for an sbr. It's their land, their rules.

If they really think I’m stupid enough to bring NFA items into a public range then I’ll gladly leave and go to a range that isn’t such a bunch of fudds and power hungry.

Comment

If they really think I’m stupid enough to bring NFA items into a public range then I’ll gladly leave and go to a range that isn’t such a bunch of fudds and power hungry.

As is your right. I personally would be annoyed if my range asked me, but they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                Wish the Glock would work with a suppressor.
                Why doesn't it work with a can?

The range staff has as much right to see your NFA paperwork as you have to stand on their private property. I don't understand all the panty-twisting about this issue. Are there snowflakes amongst us?

Comment

SBR at the range

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

The range staff has as much right to see your NFA paperwork as you have to stand on their private property. I don't understand all the panty-twisting about this issue. Are there snowflakes amongst us?

Explain why you think private employees have any right to request to see NFA paperwork.

They aren’t LE and at best all they could do is ask me to leave, which I will gladly do as I stated earlier.

How are they negatively affected or under any liability by me bringing NFA regulated items into their facility?

Comment

Why doesn't it work with a can?
                    Cyclic rate is too fast for the booster to do it's job. I can get a three round burst basically, but that's about it.

Comment

Explain why you think private employees have any right to request to see NFA paperwork.
                      They don't. And you don't have any right to be on their property. So the rights are equal. Surely you can make that connection.
                      How are they negatively affected or under any liability by me bringing NFA regulated items into their facility?
                      Does it really take much creativity to imagine the liability sh1t-show of a range owner who gets dragged into court when, as it turns out, America's next mass murderer was using their range to test his illegal home-made Maglite cans until he got them just perfect enough to perpetrate his crime?

Comment

They don't. And you don't have any right to be on their property. So the rights are equal. Surely you can make that connection.

Does it really take much creativity to imagine the liability sh1t-show of a range owner who gets dragged into court when, as it turns out, America's next mass murderer was using their range to test his illegal home-made Maglite cans until he got them just perfect enough to perpetrate his crime?
                        That would make as much sense as asking to see your cancelled check to prove you are up to date on your income taxes. A tax stamp is proof of having paid the tax on your NFA item. There wouldn't be any more liability from a future mass murderer having not paid his NFA tax than if he had not paid his income taxes. It's a technicality, not a public nuisance.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          That would make as much sense as asking to see your cancelled check to prove you are up to date on your income taxes. A tax stamp is proof of having paid the tax on your NFA item. There wouldn't be any more liability from a future mass murderer having not paid his NFA tax than if he had not paid his income taxes. It's a technicality, not a public nuisance.
                          I do not understand the point you are trying to make. Can you unpack it a bit?

Comment

I do not understand the point you are trying to make. Can you unpack it a bit?
                            Whether or not a potential murderer has a tax stamp imparts no liability on the range owner. He can't delve into the psychology of people responsibly using his range.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              Whether or not a potential murderer has a tax stamp imparts no liability on the range owner. He can't delve into the psychology of people responsibly using his range.
                              I would certainly assume that a 'gun range' has substantially higher general liability insurance rates than a golf 'driving range'. As part of the limited number of insurers willing to take on the risk of covering a 'gun range', I would also assume terms are included in the policy which forbid the use of illegal firearms on the premises. Some 'gun ranges' probably attempt to abide by such terms differently than others: one range may rely on 'profiling' while another has someone ask gun owners about their stamps.
                              Hopefully our country will stay free enough that private property owners can make what demands they wish of those desiring to use their property and those desiring to use the property can retain the freedom to not patronize those private property owners' businesses if they disagree with those demands.

Comment

I've never been hassled but there's a lot of canned and SBR shooters at my range.

There's nothing in the range rules prohibiting cans or SBRs nor a requirement to show paperwork so unless they are ATF agents then I have no duty to show them that and if hassled I'd ask where in the rules they have the authority to hassle me.

Always know your range rules and keep them on your side

Comment

Working...
                                X