Just Stop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I can relate. As a kid we hunted with deer dogs. Chased deer through the woods and blasted them with shotguns. Later when still hunting became a thing if the was antler sticking through the deers skin we were shooting him. Times have changed a lot
    Same here, I really miss the sound of dogs chasing deer. At least on cold, boring mornings would get the adrenaline going.

Comment

uh... coming on the internet to vent about people's behavior on the internet is... funny in a shouting at the (wrong) wall kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        Go back and find the recent thread. You literally tried to tell me which deer age class we should be shooting having never seen our property. You also said there’s never a reason to shoot any buck younger than 5.5 which is ridiculous.
        I don't have to see a property to know what age deer need to be shot before they reach their full potential. That's management 101.
        Also the 5.5 age has worked wonders for me personally. Many deer don't even start to express their genetic potential until 4.

I have a proven management plan that can he backed by pictures, testament and my wall.
        If I also remember correctly you were asking for advice, I gave mine.. not sure how that's ridicule.
        If I hurt your feelings accept my apology if you would like. If not then I'm sure I'll survive and so will you.
        Have a good day sir.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Mexico; 11-09-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          Same here, I really miss the sound of dogs chasing deer. At least on cold, boring mornings would get the adrenaline going.
          Oh man, I loved the adrenaline rush of hearing the dogs approaching, and knowing a deer was about to bust out of the woods!

Comment

Well said OP. Here is a deer my brother took with his bow, in New Jersey. There are apparently so many deer there its unreal. He hunts on 15-acres about 5 minutes from his house, in the city. He would love to shoot nothing but big bucks, but where he is at, you don't shoot deer, you don't hunt as they will find somebody else to come control the population. The seasin is weird there, but in a nutshell, he hunts from mid-September until the end February.

He is probably close to 125-150 deer bow kills since leaving Louisiana so many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Smart? Care to rebuttle?

He stole that from me...I'll allow it..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                He stole that from me...I'll allow it..
                Scoreboard!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Glad I don't hunt with some of yall who shoot anything with horns and walks
                  My first deer in 1974 was a small doe. A pack of beagles were chasing her, I was posted on the blacktop, waving at people as they drive by, and my orsers were to nit let the deer get across the road and into the other lot of woods. Blasted her with 00 Buck from my 12 gague as she cross the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    I don't have to see a property to know what age deer need to be shot before they reach their full potential. That's management 101.
                    Also the 5.5 age has worked wonders for me personally. Many deer don't even start to express their genetic potential until 4.

I have a proven management plan that can he backed by pictures, testament and my wall.
                    If I also remember correctly you were asking for advice, I gave mine.. not sure how that's ridicule.
                    If I hurt your feelings accept my apology if you would like. If not then I'm sure I'll survive and so will you.
                    Have a good day sir.

I never asked for any advice. Your management “plan” would be catastrophic on my lease. It’s ridiculous to think the plan that works for you should be used by everybody. I’m glad it works for you but killing a big deer in old Mexico isn’t rocket science. I have buddies that have hunted there for 20 plus years and their only plan is to “kill a big one”. They do it every single year. To kill big deer you have to hunt where big deer live. If you got on my lease and only shot 5 year old or older it would be a nightmare. If all I cared about was a photo book and trophies on the wall I would move out of the hill country and go south like you. A 5 year old can put a management plan together down there and kill big deer.

That’s pretty much the point of this thread. Do what makes you happy and stop trying to tell other people how to hunt like you. Not everybody has your goals or even your access to those deer.

Comment

I never asked for any advice. Your management “plan” would be catastrophic on my lease. It’s ridiculous to think the plan that works for you should be used by everybody. I’m glad it works for you but killing a big deer in old Mexico isn’t rocket science. I have buddies that have hunted there for 20 plus years and their only plan is to “kill a big one”. They do it every single year. To kill big deer you have to hunt where big deer live. If you got on my lease and only shot 5 year old or older it would be a nightmare. If all I cared about was a photo book and trophies on the wall I would move out of the hill country and go south like you. A 5 year old can put a management plan together down there and kill big deer.

That’s pretty much the point of this thread. Do what makes you happy and stop trying to tell other people how to hunt like you. Not everybody has your goals or even your access to those deer.
                      Ive yet to see ANYONE kill a big deer every year they hunt in Mexico. But yet I'm not 5 years old either. If I could just go backwards in age I'd probably be able to figure it all out

Comment

Dumbest post I've ever seen on TBH... easy huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MexicoLowFence View Post
                          Dumbest post I've ever seen on TBH... easy huh?

I have a group of 6 friends that do it every single year on the same lease and all they do is drive down a sendero slinging corn and sit in a high rack drinking beer. Seems easy to me. Hardest part is opening the beer.

Comment

Ive yet to see ANYONE kill a big deer every year they hunt in Mexico. But yet I'm not 5 years old either. If I could just go backwards in age I'd probably be able to figure it all out

Not sure your point. You’ve never even seen me kill one deer. Does that mean it didn’t happen? Lol

Comment

Not sure your point. You’ve never even seen me kill one deer. Does that mean it didn’t happen? Lol
                              I've already said my piece, so peace.

Comment

I've already said my piece, so peace.

Peace [emoji3577]

Comment

Working...
                                X