Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you pay to rent/park/hunt year round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious and just thinking out loud... I'm not sure if my current hunting lessee will extend past next year at the end of the whitetail season. If not, I'll probably go ahead and get the water/septic/electric to a higher area on the property that is easier to access and done right.

Basically what I'm asking is this:

If you could park your RV and have access to metered electric, metered water, septic, 70 acres of good hunting with permanent water, and no ther people hunting or on the property... and it would be within ~15 minutes of a Wal-mart and other amenities... What's it worth?

I'm just thinking out loud but obviously just parking an RV at an RV park with an "oversized" lot is $450-500. So there's a starting point. That's just a concrete pad, maybe 35' wide. What's it worth to add that large a place and hunting year-round anything that moves (and is legal)?

I'd have to recoup about $20K in costs to shore up utilities and I'm not going to do that if I can't recoup that investment over a couple of years...

Thanks GS!

100” bucks or 140”+ ??? That makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

20k ?�� and not your property and no long term contract? I’m not sure I’m understanding the ?.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
        100” bucks or 140”+ ??? That makes a huge difference.

There are several lurking about that are 140+ for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
          20k ?�� and not your property and no long term contract? I’m not sure I’m understanding the ?.
          I own the property. I rarely go out there much and I currently have leased it to a hunter for the year unrestriced. I'm not sure if he's going to continue beyond February or not. I will not have time to spend out there for another couple of years so I thought if I could invest some money to improve the property and get it back through letting someone use it responsibly, then I might do that. Otherwise, I'll just start looking for a lessee again in February.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear.

Comment

I don’t see anyway you could get $20k over two years for what you just described. I think you are probably closer to $2k a year for that.

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
              I don’t see anyway you could get $20k over two years for what you just described. I think you are probably closer to $2k a year for that.
              Seriously? You can't park an RV at an RV park for less than $5K/year or so. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post

Agreed

Comment

Where is the property located?

Comment

If you want to lease it just for hunting, give a price. I need a lease closer to my home!

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                      Seriously? You can't park an RV at an RV park for less than $5K/year or so. What am I missing?
                      People who pay 5k per year live in the RV I doubt many would live at the lease year round.

So what you could charge would be whatever someone will pay for a year round lease with utility hook ups. And people will compare to leases with cabins or some housing already on them which can be had for +/-2,500 per hunter..roughly 100-200 acres per hunter.

Comment

I pay $900 per year for that minus water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                          I pay $900 per year for that minus water.
                          This might start a bidding war! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            People who pay 5k per year live in the RV I doubt many would live at the lease year round.

So what you could charge would be whatever someone will pay for a year round lease with utility hook ups. And people will compare to leases with cabins or some housing already on them which can be had for +/-2,500 per hunter..roughly 100-200 acres per hunter.
                            We pay a little over $10k total for 600 acres very close to Fredericksburg wine country with full time hookups for the campers. Owner pays electric and such.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              You’d probably be better off just opening an RV park if you’re after the money. I would think max you’d be able to lease for hunting would be two guys at $3k apiece, but that would be pushing it. If I was going to “offer” you a price, it would be about $1500 for the place. Realistically it’s hunting on 70 acres. I grew up hunting on my grandparents 87 acres in Lampasas and that just ain’t much land for hunting, to the point where I haven’t been there in years. Once you get over that price, there are other, bigger options that appeal more to a hunter.

Comment

Working...
                              X