My Piece of Oklahoma - OneSixty Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Piece of Oklahoma - OneSixty Ranch

After reading through all the Oklahoma land posts the past year or two, my wife and I decided to take the plunge and look north for some recreational property. For the prices, low taxes and numbers of big deer and turkeys, it just can't be beat!

I contacted Darton several month back and told him my plan. The OneSixty Ranch was for sale at the time and after looking at all of Wingnut's posts and pictures, I didn't think there was any way it would still be for sale when we were ready to buy. But a couple months later, and with God's blessing it was still available and we headed up on a Saturday to meet Darton and look at the place. It was exactly what we were looking for! Good timber with access throughout the property, a pond, a small house, and close proximity to Lake Eufaula.

I contacted Codie and his team got the loan process started. 30 days later we closed and we couldn't be happier! If any of you have a desire to purchase land in Oklahoma, I highly recommend you contact Darton. He knows the area and made the process easy. I look forward to sharing a beer and swapping hunting stories soon! Also, Codie and his team did an excellent job with the financing, and with their multiple options and terms, it couldn't have been any easier.

Now on to the ranch. We thought about a new name, but the OneSixty just sounded good, so Wingnut, we're keeping it the way you named it!

We've spent the last two weekends at the place. I got everything mowed and shredded and sprayed a couple food plots that I'll be planting in a couple weeks. Got some cameras and corn out and already got a couple good looking bucks! My wife did some cleaning and painting and put her touch on decorating the house. We still have a lot of work to do, but it will be worth it to have a piece of property that us and our kids can enjoy year round for hunting and fishing! And I'm excited to split my hunting season between Texas and Oklahoma this year!
    Attached Files

congratulations! Not to far from ya, we bought about a year ago in Pittsburgh Co and love it up there!!

Comment

Congrats! It's a great feeling! I bet you will want to spend more time in OK than TX over time. I know we sure did.
      Last edited by mcbZX225; 08-24-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Congrats. Looks like an awesome place

Comment

I love reading these posts! Congratulations to you and the family on such an incredible purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
            Congrats! It's a great feeling! What part of OK? I bet you will want to spend more time in OK than TX over time. I know we sure did.
            Thanks! Just east of the Pittsburg county line in Haskell County. Yea, I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time up there!

Comment

Congrats on the new place and good luck this season. I was tuned in and following this place when Wingnut had it.

Looking forward to seeing more updates and some LDPs.

Comment

Congrats. I'm really tempted to do something similar.

Comment

Very happy for your family and thank you for allowing me to be apart of the process! Looking forward to what your first season brings and that beer

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Very cool, congrats!

Comment

Jared, so happy you and your family purchased the 160! Ya’ll are going to have a blast on the property!! Can’t wait to see how your season goes. Should be really good! Can’t wait to follow your thread.

Comment

Congrats- you have some great bucks showing up already!

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful place.

Comment

Heading back up next weekend to plant some plots and hang some stands. Just picked this bad boy up. Hopefully this will rip through and break up those Oklahoma rocks! Just need some rain in the next week or two to get the plots going!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X