Buy American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy American

I know I am probably preaching to the choir but now more than ever we need to source everything we buy and not buy Chinese made goods. I know there are a lot of things that can only be bought from China, but where you can I urge you to buy American. We need to free our country from the grip of Chinese made goods and it has to start somewhere and it has to start small to grow into something big. I think if enough American companies begin to see that we wont take it any longer they may rethink their ties to China. With that said FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF China.

Originally posted by sotx View Post
    I know I am probably preaching to the choir but now more than ever we need to source everything we buy and not buy Chinese made goods. I know there are a lot of things that can only be bought from China, but where you can I urge you to buy American. We need to free our country from the grip of Chinese made goods and it has to start somewhere and it has to start small to grow into something big. I think if enough American companies begin to see that we wont take it any longer they may rethink their ties to China. With that said FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF China.
    Problem is....nothing is made here anymore. I try, but it almost impossible to find anything not made in China.

Comment

Yes, we are going to use that marketing strategy more than ever in our business now.

Comment

I try to when I can, but large corporations are beholden to the stockholders, so I don't see any way the companies go for it. Bottom line is the bottom line. Even people who say they want to buy American will until it starts squeezing the pocketbook. So buy American where you can. It's a start. Right or wrong, that's how I see it.
        Last edited by Graysonhogs; 04-20-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          Yes, we are going to use that marketing strategy more than ever in our business now.
          I would love to see that! F China!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Problem is....nothing is made here anymore. I try, but it almost impossible to find anything not made in China.
            Not entirely, but we have to start somewhere. Throwing up our hands and saying can't never solved a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
              Same, Ive already begun to cull some suppliers.

Comment

It'll work in the short term until this current situation fades. And over everything else these days, money is the biggest buying factor.

Comment

Your concept is on the right track. For it to gain traction the people need to organize and demand manufacturing be brought back. You get a group of several million organized citizens communicating with our elected officials and these mega corporations you will gain some traction. The same million people stop spending money with these same corporations will gain traction even faster.

Comment

I’m definitely going to make a conscious effort to do so. Kicked it off by buying a Simpson power washer last week.

Comment

How about some of you guys start a manufacturing supply company and only source domestically. You will soon find out its just about impossible except for a few select markets. As tbgascorer just stated, money is the biggest buying factor. That's a tough thing to change. Even over time.

Comment

I'm behind this 100%, I try to buy American products whenever I can. GMC, Harley, John Deere, Ruger, S&W, etc. A couple of weeks ago, I posted that same idea about buying American trucks and got blasted by the Toyota Terds, with their silly claim that their truck was built in the USA. Yeah, so are the Big Three and ALL the money stays in the US, not Japan, where some is sent. Screw foreign made stuff and F China.

SH

TRUMP 2020

Comment

While I agree with you,it all comes down to bottom line. It will be most difficult to compete with a labor force that is basically slave labor. If the government starts to subsidise the manufacture goods in the USA then we are one step closer to communism.All the investors that lost money when the stock market took a dive will want to regain that as fast as possible. In order to do that its back to china for cheap labor.

Comment

Amen. Not going to be easy but we must start now. Another thing really ****** me off is when AMERICAN companies sell US ASSETS to the Chinese. For Example Chesapeake selling working interest to OOGC

Comment

There IS a American made product for probably everything yall are looking for. Thing is you will have to find and order it online. You will not find them at your local big box. That may be to much of a hassle for most folks that yell "Buy American"

Comment

Working...
                              X