Magnus SER Razor - too noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus SER Razor - too noisy?

I was shooting my new SER’s at 40yds today making sure they flew with my field points (they flew really well). However, they were probably some of the noisiest broadheads I’ve ever heard. They whistled all the way to the target and I couldn’t imagine sending this at a deer without him doing flips. I know I won’t be shooting 40yds but has anyone noticed any exaggerated reactions from deer with extra noisy broadheads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if it actually makes a difference but I will not shoot noisy heads. I love grizz tricks but I won’t use them on deer just pigs. They sound like a rocket going down range.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
      I don’t know if it actually makes a difference but I will not shoot noisy heads. I love grizz tricks but I won’t use them on deer just pigs. They sound like a rocket going down range.

That’s how these sound. Almost sounds like an arrow with a torn fletching but louder

Comment

Yes they make noise. Does it matter? No

Shot a jumpy doe with them last year and she never flinched and I buried it in her offside leg bone. From what I can gather, the noise you hear is behind the arrow and not in front of it

I’ve shot a lot of heads that I’ve felt were noisy. Set my phone up at the target and shot, only noise you hear is the bow and then the arrow whizzing right before it impacts. I tried this with different vane combos as well with the same results
        Last edited by kd350; 09-14-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I've got some non serrated black hornets and they aren't remotely close to as loud as a grizz trick

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
            Yes they make noise. Does it matter? No

Shot a jumpy doe with them last year and she never flinched and I buried it in her offside leg bone. From what I can gather, the noise you hear is behind the arrow and not in front of it

I’ve shot a lot of heads that I’ve felt were noisy. Set my phone up at the target and shot, only noise you hear is the bow and then the arrow whizzing right before it impacts. I tried this with different vane combos as well with the same results

That’s good to hear. I’ve shot mostly mechanicals and some G5 montecs. These broadheads are much louder than those, but I’ve been itching to try them.

Comment

My son shoots 100gr Slick Triks and they whistle, he kills quite a few deer each year with them. I do not think it matters.

Comment

Yeah they're too loud...they definitely scare animals with noise they make...you need to get rid of them...ill take one for the team and take them off your hands. Name your price.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                  Yeah they're too loud...they definitely scare animals with noise they make...you need to get rid of them...ill take one for the team and take them off your hands. Name your price.

$50.... for one. Lol. This is the only thing I’ve found I “dislike” about them. They’re scary sharp after a few swipes on the 400&1000 grit sand paper.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    $50.... for one. Lol. This is the only thing I’ve found I “dislike” about them. They’re scary sharp after a few swipes on the 400&1000 grit sand paper.
                    $50 for one!? Lol...All kidding aside im happy with mine, and I'm sure you'll be happy with their results, despite the noise. Im having trouble finding some right now since they're on backorder, but i still have some from last year. Good luck to you sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X