Galveston Shark Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston Shark Fishing

Any of y’all have ideas of where to pick up fresh baits for shark fishing in or around the Galveston area? Looking for do some surf fishing and want to run big baits (Bonita, Jacks, etc) but have no idea where to get my hands on some.

I normally catch mullet, there are size limits this time of year on them too. I don’t know exactly when that goes into effect. Could you go to the shrimp boats and see if they have anything you could use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Boyds one stop in TX CIty.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        I normally catch mullet, there are size limits this time of year on them too. I don’t know exactly when that goes into effect. Could you go to the shrimp boats and see if they have anything you could use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah i usually use mullet as well but this year I’m wanting to run bigger baits. I think the shrimp boat idea is a good one but I wouldn’t even know where to start in getting in contact with them.

Called Boyd’s... notta. GYB didn’t have anything either.

Comment

Sting Ray has been my bait of choice for big sharks. The bait shop right off 45 as you enter Galveston is where I have got Ray before.

Comment

Shoot me a pm and I will let you have all the rays I have in my freezer 5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Catchem11 View Post
              Shoot me a pm and I will let you have all the rays I have in my freezer 5-6
              Thanks for the offer, I’ll pm you if I get out that way. I’m on the island today so looking for something local.

Comment

Might check with bull dogs on 61st

Comment

just picked up 4 whole bonita at Buccees in Texas City. Frozen but hopefully they aren’t freezer burned.

Comment

maybe try West Bay Bait and Tackle?

Comment

Get some panty hose for those bonito they get very soft and crabs destroy them very fast

Comment

The fish markets off toddville road in Kemah. Ahould have anything you need

Comment

surf is rough right now but clean. Hopefully it calms down a bit in the next couple of days
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am here now. Looking for tips and recommendations

Comment

how's the water today? good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X