Bank loan vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
    Yes. I have crawled all over the car. Its a project car for sure. Looks great from 30ft. Has some bondo in it, needs some tlc inside and on weather strip. Some kind of off brand bucket seats. I'm going to get it running good, then systematically start changing stuff out that needs it all while keeping it on the road. Not my intention to do another frame off restoration. The car is an original v8 car. It is the original color. Was a base model with venal top and a bench seat when built. Has a full roller 350 with Brodix heads and a muncie 4spd in it, and sub frame connectors. However it still a one wheel wonder ten bolt rear diff and 4wheel drum brakes though. Seems a bit backwards to me. A good deal for the money, and an almost exact duplicate of the car I sold to buy an engagement ring and Mazda pickup in 1997. I will do a thread on it once it is sitting in its new home.
    outstanding. I always have something in the the works. Mustang just now!! enjoy and look forward to the updates

Comment

Just pay cash for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
        Just pay cash for it.

That was a catty remark.

Comment

With no bills house or cars why wouldn’t you pay cash, honestly I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

lightstream all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              Doubt the seller is taking credit cards.
              Correct. But PayPal does..... and other outlets. Also..... most reputable CC alow you to write a check against your account if through the bank. I call it work arounds. Work around the problem for a solution

Comment

Blah blah blah...what’s the end game & timeline on the final product?? What are we in for & when does the diy start?? Im thinking an aluminum 427 L88 copo rebuild for the ponies. Needs suspension to get to camp.
                Last edited by Artos; 09-09-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Just my two cents but this is why local, community banks are so important. They offer local decision making coupled with common sense. Find a good local community banker and support their business and they will support you in a time of need.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    That was a catty remark.

Why??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Blah blah blah...what’s the end game & timeline on the final product?? What are we in for & when does the diy start?? Im thinking an aluminum 427 L88 copo rebuild for the ponies. Needs suspension to get to camp.
                      Talked to the previous owner that knew more about the car than the guy I am buying it from. Its a 350 and dynoed at 390hp (5years ago). Not too bad. One of the fist things I am doing is installing a detroit speed sub frame under the front with some wilwood brakes. After that is LS time. Im thinking i want super charger, but turbo is much easier. 6 speed either way. We will see.

Comment

That thing looks awesome!

Comment

Just pay cash for it.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          That was a catty remark.
                          Why??

Because you are assuming it is nothing for people to pay $19,000 cash for something without knowing their financial situation or circumstances. It also screams, " I could easily pay $19,000 cash."

Comment

That's gotta be frustrating! Around here most every bum who owns a $500 car, lives in low rent housing and has never had a job is sporting a $20,000 UTV after the stimulus checks. You know they had to borrow money.

Good luck with the project!
                            Last edited by oneeye; 09-10-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I went through a similar instance over the weekend while purchasing a used car for my son. He had an accident and totaled his 2015 Mustang, which was owned free and clear by my wife. We picked up the check, deposited it and went shopping. Found a 2015 Challenger, made a deal and they submitted it to financing and the fiasco began. Could we trade a vehicle in on it? Could you or the wife trade a vehicle in and share a vehicle? Can we put it in his name and you cosign? It went on and on and that is with putting $15K down on a $23K car. It was a mess, all due to Covid was the reason they are claiming. However, I can go buy a boat, UTV or Jetski with no issues at all. Very frustrating.

Comment

Give Discover a call. They have great rates on many loans. You will be surprised. I was. Banks could not compete.
                                I took a Home Eq loan from them for 3.9%. No closing costs.
                                1-800-DISCOVER

Comment

Working...
                                X