Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coopers's BBQ - Katy

Anyone know when Cooper's BBQ in Katy is supposed to open up? Went by there last week and it looked like they are getting close. It's at I10 and 99. Never had Cooper's. Is it any good?

Coopers in Llano is excellent. The Coopers in Junction and the FW Stockyards are below average. They are franchised I think.

Comment

I am not a great fan of Coopers so I won't be driving to Katy. I don't prefer their sauce, it's thin and vinegary. The one in Llano is always so crowded with tourists that I seldom eat there. I much prefer Opie's in Spicewood. The best bbq to my tastebuds and that includes Killens which is 3 miles down the road from me in Pearland.

Comment

LLano Cooper's is where it's at. I live in Katy and am excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          I am not a great fan of Coopers so I won't be driving to Katy. I don't prefer their sauce, it's thin and vinegary. The one in Llano is always so crowded with tourists that I seldom eat there. I much prefer Opie's in Spicewood. The best bbq to my tastebuds and that includes Killens which is 3 miles down the road from me in Pearland.
          Opie's is definitely at the top of my list too

Comment

The original Coopers is great, not sure about the others though. I'm sure it's similar to Rudy's. The original at the dancehall was fantastic, chain Rudy's just average.

Comment

Coopers in Llano is average at best. It is nothing like it was 25 yrs ago. Always crowded and way over priced. South Side in Cherokee is much better

Comment

The best barbecue in Katy is Brett's hands down. Why anyone would want to put another BBQ place in Katy is beyond me. You have Spring Creek, Red River, Harris County, Midway, Big Daddy's, Brett's, Corky's, Rudy's and I'm sure that there are a few that I'm forgetting.

Comment

I always used to love the Coopers in Llano when headed to the lease 15 years ago. Had the Coopers in Junction a month or two back and it was not even close to the same quality I remembered. Don't know what that means for the Katy location but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

I grew up outside of Llano. The coopers was always a place people from Austin or the hunters ate at. I liked it, but way overpriced and always crowded. Their chicken is probably the best around. Sausage is good. Brisket is very lean and fatty. Terry Wooten use to own it. I think he sold a large portion if not all of it, than they started to franchise.
                    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-24-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                      I always used to love the Coopers in Llano when headed to the lease 15 years ago. Had the Coopers in Junction a month or two back and it was not even close to the same quality I remembered. Don't know what that means for the Katy location but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
                      Coopers in Junction is garbage, might as well go to Mcdonalds on the other side of the street.

Comment

Last 2 times in Llano was not good.

Comment

Yes in a couple of weeks I just finished the concrete in there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a different style. Cooked directly over coals. The brisket is not central Texas mecca quality but other things are good. The big chop and the ribs are tasty. I don't eat sauce on BBQ except at Cooper's. That stuff is liquid crack.

Definitely overpriced due to the popularity. The overall experience is good.

New Braunfels location is just like Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Coopers in Junction is garbage, might as well go to Mcdonalds on the other side of the street.
                              Yep. Lum's is WAY better BBQ in Junction.

Comment

Working...
                              X