Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Price coincides with size, condition and beauty.. I've seen beautiful 24"-26" capes go for $300 green.. If it's a big cape(22" or better at ears)and in good shape, with a big head(7 3/4"), $150 is dirt cheap. If that price is for a tanned capes then buy them ALL because your stealing them... Big capes like that are not easy to find for 3 reasons..

1. Not many deer, with bodies that big, are killed and not mounted.
    2. When a taxidermist gets spares that are that big he won't usually sell them because he knows how hard they are to get..
    3. Hunters that shoot BIG bodied management deer just chop the heads off because they are clueless as to what they are worth so don't know any better AND they do not know how to "cape" a deer head out so that the cape can be properly stored to keep it cold and this makes storage and transportation much more difficult.. Sadly Hundreds are thrown in the gut pit every year!!!
    Always has amazed me guys will spend x amount of dollars on anything and everything pertaining to hunting from outrageous lease prices and feed. And when getting down to the final product of having it mounted and hanging on the wall to look at for the rest of their life, they squirm like girls over a few hundred bucks! Main reason I got out of the business.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
      Always has amazed me guys will spend x amount of dollars on anything and everything pertaining to hunting from outrageous lease prices and feed. And when getting down to the final product of having it mounted and hanging on the wall to look at for the rest of their life, they squirm like girls over a few hundred bucks! Main reason I got out of the business.

I’m about to drop a grand on a pedestal mount (i have a cape) lol, but everything you mentioned adds up by the end of the year most people aren’t want to shell out any more than they have to. So i see both sides of the coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It should be 1 grand for the lease and 5k to mount��lol

Comment

LOL yep, not all do but most... It's amazing...

Hunter- "Man you are expensive"

Me- "Yea because I know what I'm doing and by the way your truck costs more than my house"!!!!

Comment

I will gladly pay $150 for any 22inch plus Mexico cape that anyone can get across. Green is fine. I will buy 10 of them. $150 is cheap if they can get them across and if it’s a good tan even better.

Comment

Info
              He told me you would drop off Cape at angadi at Columbia but, you will have to get him your used tag back to him after you cross your horns and then he will cross your Cape to Laredo in 1 to 2 months.

Comment

Me too as long as it is a true tan as stated above, if not my next option would be 12 pt taxidermy as many have used already. Just makes life easier crossing back
                I would assume you could still have your taxidermist tan the Cape again before you mount to be sure it's done right. Not sure how that would work?

Comment

Mexico 2019-2020

So $150 isn’t a bad deal, got it. Thanks.

Taxidermy is a service provided for a profit. I bet when you go buy a truck, you want the best deal. I bet when you went to buy your house you tried to find a good deal. I bet when you go buy ANyTHINg your looking for the best deal, yet you think it’s amazing that your customers are shopping the best deal for their mount? How odd.....

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Taxidermy is a service provided for a profit. I bet when you go buy a truck, you want the best deal. I bet when you went to buy your house you tried to find a good deal. I bet when you go buy ANyTHINg your looking for the best deal, yet you think it’s amazing that your customers are shopping the best deal for their mount? How odd.....

The difference between shopping taxidermy and shopping for a truck though is all the trucks are the same from lot to lot. All taxidermy is not created equal and I for one can tell the difference and my bad ones bug the crap out of me

I expect to have to pay $200-$300 if I have to replace most any cape for a deer I shoot down there. The hard part to replicate is the size and color or the capes

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

I'm more about quality than the "best deal" when I spend many on anything... Vehicles, guns, houses(pick the best home builder)etc..
                      Junk is junk.. It's cheap for a reason..

Comment

Angadi went to a meeting with USDA and Fish and Wildlife on Friday...One of the main topics was capes and you can’t get them across without horns and if you want to do it you will need to use another tag...They cancel tags when they go across...Go ahead and leave horns with capes.

Comment

I have used two taxidermist that I will use again. One here in Texas the other in Missouri. My friend in Missouri gets so much work he is 3 years out on animals. And customers don't seem to mind. Yeah he's that good.
                          Glad I don't kill many big uns.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by La Calavera View Post
                            Angadi went to a meeting with USDA and Fish and Wildlife on Friday...One of the main topics was capes and you can’t get them across without horns and if you want to do it you will need to use another tag...They cancel tags when they go across...Go ahead and leave horns with capes.
                            Booooo. How about have Angadi work out a agreement to fix the issue. Not add to it. They don't tan a cow to get it across.

Thanks for the heads up tho Bernardo

Comment

Mexico 2019-2020

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                              Booooo. How about have Angadi work out a agreement to fix the issue. Not add to it. They don't tan a cow to get it across.

Thanks for the heads up tho Bernardo

Hell they cross dogs constantly never see them checking them for ticks [emoji848]

Comment

Taxidermy

👆

Good taxidermy ain't cheap and cheap taxidermy ain't good. Nothing wrong with shopping around but I'd look at quality and turnaround time verses pinching pennies or an extra couple hundred dollars for something I'm going to have to look at for the rest of my life. Most people dont understand how much time and work go into a quality mount.
                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                                X