Funny public land discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not funny but......

I found a large meth lab on the National Grasslands. Looked like it had been used for a longtime.

Back in the early 80's I was cruising a small tract of timber on private land and came across what looked like two graves in a thicket. At the back of the tract I found a leather bag with someone's school books and ID. I called the Harris County Sheriff's Office to report it and they never showed up.
    Last edited by Froggy; 10-02-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Dad and I found an old car on a island on Conroe jumping ducks. Far as I know its still there and assume it got there before the lake was flooded.

Comment

was hunting on lake Grapevine and walked up on a homeless colony that was currently occupied. It was dark since I was traveling to the blind and they thought it was a drug raid or something so kind of crazy for a bit. I kept on walking, at a faster pace, found my tree and started climbing. My heart was racing faster than any deer I had a chance at seeing. Good times.

Comment

Found a burnt cross on Lavon Corp land years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            I’d of set up a game camera
            LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
              was hunting on lake Grapevine and walked up on a homeless colony that was currently occupied. It was dark since I was traveling to the blind and they thought it was a drug raid or something so kind of crazy for a bit. I kept on walking, at a faster pace, found my tree and started climbing. My heart was racing faster than any deer I had a chance at seeing. Good times.
              That's hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

A few pot plants and a meth lab

Comment

Good stuff here! Wish I had something to share...

Comment

Back in the 70's when you could hunt paper co land without a permit I had spent several days making me a makeshift blind behind a fallen tree. Brought in some fallen limbs and stuff and made it look pretty good. It overlooked a creek that was covered up with deer tracks. I had been driving into the trail head/camp, however opening morning it had been raining pretty hard so I decided to walk in with a buddy since it was dark. As I walked the trail I usually would drive I stepped on something and it moved then screamed bloody murder. Scared the crap out of me and him. Some guy had just laid is sleeping bag down in the middle of the road and me and my buddy stepped right on top of him. It was funny afterward. I still think though if it hadn't been raining I might have run over him if I didn't see him in the head lights.

Comment

Keep them coming I love reading stories like this.

Comment

Years ago I was trailing a wounded deer way back in a big thicket and across a deep creek. I came upon a small clearing that had been recently cut. At the back of the clearing was a stage maybe 15 ft wide and 30 ft long. Built solid on cinder blocks and ply wood floor. The stage had a frame on It that looked like it once had a cutain. The center of the stage was covered in dried blood.

All that material had to be carried in there by hand. I saw their trail and walked it back to where they crossed that steep creek. It was a full mile to the nearest road in that direction. Remnants of several camp fires around the stage. Couldn't have been more than a couple days old. I we t back in there a couple years later and it was still there and the clearing was grown up like it hadn't been used again. No clue

Comment

Good stories!

Comment

Found this in da middle of national forest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Found this 6 miles deep in a wilderness area in Colorado. It's patent was in the 1800's.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                                Found this 6 miles deep in a wilderness area in Colorado. It's patent was in the 1800's.

That’s pretty darn nifty!

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X