How to determine price per sq ft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    I would think that area could be more but your subs should all be closer too so maybe not.

I did nothing myself. That price was turn key. I only had to buy the land first and get water to the property and electricity to the property. My builder did everything else.

Sounds good thanks amigo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am in the process of interviewing builders right now. Iam in North Texas, North of Denton. There are 2 ways we are seeing pricing. $105-$110 under roof, which includes garage, porches, patios and outdoor kitchens. A/C space $148-$175 per ft. Mind you, these are a lot higher finished custom home than the pictures you showed. That is how much price difference there is for the exact finish out.

Duration time ranges from 5 months to 12 months, depending on which one you talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
        I am in the process of interviewing builders right now. Iam in North Texas, North of Denton. There are 2 ways we are seeing pricing. $105-$110 under roof, which includes garage, porches, patios and outdoor kitchens. A/C space $148-$175 per ft. Mind you, these are a lot higher finished custom home than the pictures you showed. That is how much price difference there is for the exact finish out.

Duration time ranges from 5 months to 12 months, depending on which one you talk to.

Man just makes it hard to know what to go to the bank and make sure it’s all covered [emoji52]

Comment

I get my budget back this week from my builder.

3300 square feet and $142 a square is what I asked if he could build it for and he said yes.

Last edited by Black Ice; 09-09-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            I get my budget back this week from my builder.

3300 square feet and $142 a square is what I asked if he could build it for and he said yes.

That's not bad if it includes higher end finish outs.

What part of state

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go ahead and spend the extra money and do they tall base boards and crown molding. Your wife will thank you later.

I would also do tile floors over stained concrete. I have kids roughly the same age as yours and a inside dog and they work out great.

Comment

After breaking down the numbers, we were $89 for just the live in space. If I include all that is covered that number goes way down to $53.

Our biggest expense was cabinets and counter tops. They built all the cabinets themselves so we saved some there.

When we went shopping for granite, we picked the same for the kitchen but went to the cut exotics for the bathrooms & utility and got a big time discount. Some of the orginal prices were $100+ sq ft and for one of them we paid $26 sq ft for it.

We did pay for some of the things out of pocket to keep the price down but our house build was a roller coaster of a ride but we are dang happy with it!

Comment

That's not bad if it includes higher end finish outs.

What part of state

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Baton Rouge LA.

Comment

This is what we have in mind, with about 210 sq ft of porch

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

This is what we have in mind, with about 210 sq ft of porch

Almost identical to my plans.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                        Almost identical to my plans.

And y’all are around $89sqft?

Comment

I'd tweak that layout so that you aren't looking into the bathroom while standing at your kitchen sink

Comment

Minus the stone, and ship lap under lay on gable

Last edited by drop dead fred; 09-10-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              I'd tweak that layout so that you aren't looking into the bathroom while standing at your kitchen sink

Good catch

Comment

Working...
                              X