Toyota Mechanic Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Mechanic Question

Wife’s 2019 Toyota Highlander. Less than 10K. Driving it today and it loses power and all these lights come on..... when you kill it and restart it will run a little bit but is is the ‘reduced power mode’ and then it says something about traction control is ‘off’. Vehicle has been serviced regularly and has had zero issues until now. Is there something common with these or this issue? Taking it in to Toyota dealership in morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked up my 2015's computers the other day and it has 19. Why does the fuel pump need it's own computer?

Could be anything...............

Comment

I know. I figure it is some computer related software or electrical issue. [emoji22]

Comment

Maybe a bad voltage regulator....

My wife’s highlander had the motor dropped out of it to fix a leaking timing cover gasket in 2017. It had 21k on it at the time. Toyota might not be what they once were....

Comment

Tundra did the same thing took it in and no problems now.

Comment

About 4 years ago Jeep had window problems. It took 3 years for THEM to finally get a handle on the multi faceted problem. Top mechanic shop in town told me they would not touch a Jeep.

It has gotten really complicated....................

Comment

My wife’s 2017 RAV4 was in shop 4 times and I opened a lemon suit and they finally replaced everything that gets gas to engine. Gas tank, fuel lines, charcoal canister, fuel pump and something else I think. That finally fixed it so far.

Wife’s car showed cylinder 4 misfire a few times and cylinder 1 misfire. Last time it did it, blew a huge plume of smoke and choked out 4 lanes of roadway and wouldn’t accelerate. It had a weird stutter from day one but we didn’t know it wasn’t normal, just thought it was the way it drove since it was intermittent. Once it wouldn’t let me go over 45mph. Another time it completely turned off during a downpour rainstorm and when I started it back up it showed all kinds of codes. Took them a while to finally get it right. It’s been almost 6k miles now and no more stutter and it drives a million times better. The shop we used was in Killeen and it took numerous times to get it fixed.

Good luck and take it in absolutely any time something acts up. That was only way they would’ve ever fixed mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Geez! I was looking at buying a Toyota since y’all swore they never broke down.

Comment

I bought a tundra 4 days after RAV4 not the slightest issue except when they inspected cabin air filter and forgot to put it back and the cover wasn’t put back either. Dang thing sucked a napkin in wouldn’t blow air almost at all. Took taking it in twice to figure out what was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My son has a Tacoma 4x4 I bought him for college. Bought it used (2007 model) Has over 200k and nothing but routine maintenance. Has been great.

It will probably break down now. [emoji33]

Comment

That can’t be true!
                      Toyota owners on here say that’s impossible!

This is why I don’t own a toyota...

Comment

Stealership will figure it out.

Comment

No major issue on my tundra except it has gone though 6 door locks in 130k miles.

Comment

On my third Toy pickup and nothing but routine maintenance.

Comment

My cousin still has his 1997 Tacoma & drives it regularly. You can’t kill that sucker

Comment

Working...
                              X