Offshore where and who??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Lonnnngg story. I think some is chronicled here in another thread. This was 5+yrs ago.

Long story short:
    He showed up something like an hour late to the dock, wouldnt answer the phone while we stood there like idiots. Finally showed up. Said one boat had broken motor several days before, other boat had a hole in it. I felt bad for him till the others guys asked me why he didnt call and let us know, instead of driving 100+miles...then he offeredd a bay trip instead. That just ticked them off more because we knew why now...

.so Im irritated but not too angry. We decline the bay trip and ask for deposit back. He says ok no problem. Following week I request money back. No return emails. No return calls. Nothing. I never once got an attitude with him. Absolute radio silence for like 2 months. Fjnally get ahold of him. He acts all nice and apologizes and says will return money. No problem. Never get money back. No return calls emails etc again. No Im getting ticked for real. You dont steal from me. Finally I file paypal claim ( deposit ws through his site via paypal thank God ). He calls me right up and says he will send the money!

Seems like it was another week or 2 ( I guess paypals process ) and finally.get deposit back.
    Wow. My dad and I always go multiple times, but never had a bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Who told you that BS.. Do you even know Mike? I do.
      jennings has been pushing "share catch" BS for years, which goes against the recreational fisherman. He wants the government to implement the same rules that commercial fishermen have to follow to the average recreational guy.

He has repeatedly blamed recreational fishermen for overfishing the resource, which hurts the commercial industry. He claims to have helped the red snapper population, but in reality, he's done his best to get lower quotas for recs, while reaping the benefits from the commercial side. He also constantly claims to be helping the fishery... by what? I'd like to see donations to groups who are actively building artificial reefs in the gulf.

He is a player in the EDF game of making money off the public resource. anyone that thinks I'm full of it can google to their heart's desire. Plenty of information out there.
      Last edited by kyle1974; 07-16-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chtx View Post
        Can’t say enough good things about mark holland with Matagorda Sportfishing. Awesome guy and will put you on some big fish.
        Yep. I fish with Mark 2/3 times a year and for the last 8-9 years or so. If you book tell him Philip Davis sent you.

Comment

I've been on small charters and large charters. If you are just after snapper, sharks and and kings the party boats are much cheaper and I really haven't had a bad time on them (12 hours trips are better than 8 hour, longer trips are better than the 12 hour). You won't have the crowds with a small charter but for those type fish I use the party boats. I reserve the small charters for tuna, wahoo and swords. I will say, if you aren't bringing your own gear the gear on a small charter will be better than on a party boat. Your looking at penn 113s or 114s on a party boat with fiberglass rods. I always bring my own gear on a party boat but use the charter's gear for the bigger fish.

Either of the two big outfits in Port Aransas (Dolphin Docks and Deep Sea Headquarters) will put you on snapper, kings and sharks with some bottom fish included if there is time.

Comment

Thanks again guys I’ll check some out tonight internet is slow at work today.

Comment

Capt. Andrew of the Black Hook out of Matagorda is awesome. Also Texas Legacy outdoors is a quality group. Mark Holland as already mentioned is a tip top operation. I have personally deck handed with Capt. Andrew and Texas Legacy outdoors. Pretty much can't go wrong with any of them.

Comment

Doug Stanford - Pirates of the Bay Charters

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                  jennings has been pushing "share catch" BS for years, which goes against the recreational fisherman. He wants the government to implement the same rules that commercial fishermen have to follow to the average recreational guy.

He has repeatedly blamed recreational fishermen for overfishing the resource, which hurts the commercial industry. He claims to have helped the red snapper population, but in reality, he's done his best to get lower quotas for recs, while reaping the benefits from the commercial side. He also constantly claims to be helping the fishery... by what? I'd like to see donations to groups who are actively building artificial reefs in the gulf.

He is a player in the EDF game of making money off the public resource. anyone that thinks I'm full of it can google to their heart's desire. Plenty of information out there.
                  LOL.. I hear you but name one fishing guide/capt that isn't against the recreational fisherman or that at least doesn't blame the recreational fisherman, in some form or fashion, for EVERYTHING wrong with fishing.. Well except for maybe the weather...
                  Ive lived on the coast my entire 53 years and blaming rec fisherman is as common as the mosquito down here.. The norm..
                  And by the way Red Snapper fishing has NEVER been better along with other species.. Some have suffered for whatever reason..

Comment

I’ve had 2 great trips with Mark Holland he is also the only person I’ve been with.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      I’ve gone with Johnny Walker out of Galveston a couple times and it was awesome.
                      This right here. One of the best in the gulf.

Comment

Checking on them and some look promising if scheduling works thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          LOL.. I hear you but name one fishing guide/capt that isn't against the recreational fisherman or that at least doesn't blame the recreational fisherman, in some form or fashion, for EVERYTHING wrong with fishing..
                          You're painting with a pretty broad brush.

Comment

Call Mark Holland. Good guy and he catches fish.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                              I’ve gone with Johnny Walker out of Galveston a couple times and it was awesome.
                              Any time I've ever dealt with Johnny Walker I wake up with a bad headache!

Comment

Well pretty much all of the suggested places were booked for next weekend the last weekend for federal snapper. That was pretty much expected, so I ended up booking on Monday 29th with Epic Charters Unlimited out of Freeport. I’ve talked to the captain a few times and seems like a great guy we’ll find out if he can put us on the fish like he and his web page show. One thing is probably for sure, we will have a great time regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X