Jon boat bass club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon boat bass club

Does anyone know of any Jon boat bass clubs in Central Texas? About to get my hands on a Jon boat and wanting to see if there’s anything around. If not, what does one think of trying to start a club and have small tournaments. I think it’d be fun and if there were low entry fees and kept a max size boat setup maybe be some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What would be the max size be? I have 15' with a 50 hp.

Comment

I was thinking 16’ boat and tiller control outboards. But I have no idea, just kinda brainstorming. There’s a pretty cool group of guys on YouTube that I watch pretty regular.

Comment

I watch sb fishing on YouTube! A lot of the clubs seem to be 25 or 35 horse. At 50 horse I dont really want to join a big club

Comment

That’s the channel Ive been watching. Seems like it’d be fun, but it looks like they’re mostly fishing rivers. I’d imagine with that many smaller boats people would have to stay around safer water, like the creeks/rivers that feed into lakes.

Comment

that sounds fun as hell. in

Comment

I would join a southeast club

Comment

If yall go up to 50 horse I'm in

Comment

Sounds like we need to do some brain storming and maybe try to build something. What if 50hp max and 16’ max. Try to keep it some what for the smaller guys that like to fish and compete. Keeping the high end $70k rigs out lol

Comment

Would it be teams

Comment

You would get a pound subtracted for every 5 hp over 25.

Comment

Dang.. Good thing I'm one with the fish

Comment

Sounds fun. I'm putting one together now. I would love to go fish n with ya Zac and catch up I graduated lampasas in 04

Comment

Of course teams. But that’d be an interesting penalty lol! Folks be busting out the paddles instead of big motors

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                              Of course teams. But that’d be an interesting penalty lol! Folks be busting out the paddles instead of big motors

Yes it is . Lotta of difference in a 16ft v bottom with a 50hp vs a 16ft flat bottom with a 25hp though.
                              No comparison in the amount of water that could be covered.

Comment

Working...
                              X