Lightroom CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom CC

I downloaded the trial of Lr CC yesterday. I've been using Lr 5. I've been intending to update to 6 or CC. There are pros and cons both ways with buying software versus subscription plan. But as far as the functionality of the new version of Lr, it's pretty cool.

I needed it yesterday to stitch together a couple of panos. I tried a couple of other pano programs first, but neither would work with RAW files. So I downloaded the new Lr. It works great. Very easy process, and the results were amazing Here are the pics I stitched together. What makes it more amazing is that I took these pics while bouncing around in a boat. No tripod. All handheld, just doing the best I could to keep the shoreline level and even across all the shots. Lr was able to stitch them together with excellent results, I thought.

First group....

And the final result after stitching them together.....

Another group....

Final result....

I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this function. There are some other cool little additions to the software as well. I'm on the trial right now, but I'm gonna pay for it and keep it going.
    Last edited by Shane; 08-16-2015, 01:19 PM.

you definitely have some skill there, Sir

Comment

I felt like LR 6 was well worth the upgrade from 4, I'm still living in the stone age when it comes to mobile devices/laptops so I opted to just do the software update vice CC subscription. I haven't played around with the panorama function yet, but the overall functionality of the new software is great and definitely worth the price of admission!

Comment

looks good & maybe a plenty.

Comment

Great pics! Really beautiful. I find it WELL worth the $10 because that includes photoshop and all upgrades and features are free. I do not find that I can use the mobile version very well, though I can use it in a pinch. I upgraded from 5 and it was worth it. Learning to use PS makes it that much better!

Comment

After looking over these I have some questions. I received photoshop elements(I think is what it is called) a couple years ago and that is what I use. From what I have read, elements is the basic version and Lightroom and photoshop cc are the more advanced versions? Is that accurate? I'm really trying to get into night photography, but I can't seem to produce the desired results with what I'm using so far. I'm sure it's just me, but any recommendations on programs I'm curious on.

Comment

Elements is a partial version of Photoshop. They are geared toward digital image editing and creation. Lightroom is geared toward photography specifically, not graphic arts. For 99% of a photographer's needs, Lr is the deal. Every now and then if you really want to do some serious editing on an image, Ps or Elements can come in handy. But if you just want one program for photo editing, get Lr.

Comment

Looks great. I wish i knew how to use the tools. I have the hardware and software. Just having trouble with the know how. It is overwhelming all the functions. How did you get to where you are now? Any tips for beginners?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Elements is a partial version of Photoshop. They are geared toward digital image editing and creation. Lightroom is geared toward photography specifically, not graphic arts. For 99% of a photographer's needs, Lr is the deal. Every now and then if you really want to do some serious editing on an image, Ps or Elements can come in handy. But if you just want one program for photo editing, get Lr.
                  Sounds like I'll be looking into LR. Thank you very much for the response. Love your photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    Looks great. I wish i knew how to use the tools. I have the hardware and software. Just having trouble with the know how. It is overwhelming all the functions. How did you get to where you are now? Any tips for beginners?
                    Google and tinkering, I guess. There's tons of how-to info online. But mainly just tinker with your camera and editing software. It doesn't cost anything to create a crappy digital image. It's OK to try stuff, delete it, try something else, etc....

Comment

Good thread. Same thing Shane just said. Google and tinker. When I'm doing vector graphics I use Adobe Illustrator. Same deal,tons of stuff to learn. I was just reading up on LR.thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Google and tinkering, I guess. There's tons of how-to info online. But mainly just tinker with your camera and editing software. It doesn't cost anything to create a crappy digital image. It's OK to try stuff, delete it, try something else, etc....
                        True, i watched videos, and read tips...... Maybe a slow learner.

Comment

Somehow missed this thread. Shane got me to finally start using LR and I'm on V6 which really didn't add much from V5.x IMO. I like it and enjoy the time it saves. I do use PS5 also when needed for further processing and I have stitched in PS. I didn't know it was possible in LR.

I am an "old" as the "youngs" like to call us and stuck in my ways so the CC and "small monthly payments" bothers me. It's one reason I'm still using PS5. I know something will have to give at some point.

Does anyone know if the CC versions can be installed separately from my "owned" versions?

Lots of this I know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-05-07-I-dont-like-to-p.gif
Views:	1
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	24464487

Comment

Dang, beautiful!

Comment

Bill, I'm pretty sure the CC versions install separately. I remember having my old version still on the computer after I installed the CC version. I have since uninstalled the stand alone version. The subscription deal bothered me too, but at the same time I was paying to upgrade every year or so anyway. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other if you're upgrading.

Comment

Working...
                              X