Police Jobs Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Jobs Available

The Wharton PD has two patrol openings for you LE guys. 23 sworn officer department. 12hr shifts, decent salary, insurance, 2 weeks vacation, 9 holidays, up to date equipment (Tahoes with MDT's and video), regular training, gear (gun, leather gear, vest, taser, uniforms provided), near Houston but still far enough away to feel like your in the country.

Online applications can be found at www.cityofwharton.com Go to the Information and Notices section on the far right, and scroll down to job openings. The application is at the bottom.

I've been here 19 years. Looking for good, hard working, high quality officers to fill these positions. Rookies and vets can both apply.

Wharton is 35 miles sw of Houston on Hwy 59. 30 minutes from Matagorda for fishing. Wharton Co is known for duck and goose hunting. HS football team is currently 7-0.

Comment

I worked for Wharton County Constables office Pct 2. Great area. Lots of drugs on hwy 59 ;-)

Comment

JA Is good people.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
          JA Is good people.
          Yes he is

Comment

Incidentally these are not retirement jobs. Looking for go getters willing to get out and rattle the bushes. Plenty work to do. This is not a glorified security position watching million dollar homes. Wharton is a small town with big city crime (although I have worked here 19 years and only worked two homicides) and a major drug thoroughfare (Hwy 59) running through it. Decent pay and plenty to do. You will not get bored.

Comment

I will pass this along to a buddy of mine. He is looking to head towards that area. Gotta love 59.
              Stonegarden?

Comment

Incidentally these are not retirement jobs...........
                Well crap.

<<<< Withdrawing application.

Comment

Anyone looking for a place to stay busy and not be bored, this is the place.

Comment

You get my PM? You ignoring me, too?

Comment

Returned

Comment

God Bless You All and Bring you home each day to your loved ones.

Comment

Incidentally these are not retirement jobs. Looking for go getters willing to get out and rattle the bushes. Plenty work to do. This is not a glorified security position watching million dollar homes. Wharton is a small town with big city crime (although I have worked here 19 years and only worked two homicides) and a major drug thoroughfare (Hwy 59) running through it. Decent pay and plenty to do. You will not get bored.
                          You knew Conda Brown then huh?

Comment

ttt

Comment

Heard a trooper "rattled a bush" down there on 59 last week or so. Bush worth say 130K or so

The other half was up here and a tad more

Comment

Working...
                              X