Amistad NPS 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amistad NPS 2013

Well it's that time again to hunt the mouflon on Amistad hope to close the deal on a big ram I call silver side... FYI for those coming out the visitors center is now close Sunday and Mondays. If you plan on making the trip to hunt you might want to plan ahead since it's the only place to get the annual hunting permit for the park additionally, depending on the %^**%*% slugs in Washington I am not sure if they will be open if the government shuts down... I will be trying to buy my permit tomorrow wish me luck...
    Last edited by Pedernal; 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM.

good luck

Comment

We were thinking about planning a trip for Oct. 19-21 but not sure if we are going to make it. We ended up getting selected for LRGV archery hunt and the TPWD archery mule deer this year, so might have to put Amistad off until Jan.

Comment

Just a heads-up guys... Amistad will be CLOSED starting tomorrow morning if congress can't make a deal.

That means everything - even just setting foot on the hunt areas.

Comment

Hunted this weekend in area 1 little slow talked to some guys that hunted area 2 they said no movement on Saturday. Sunday was alot better I guess because the front blew in it got those deer moving had the opportunity but most had yearlings with spots still so I passed. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Just be sure to check the reg's before you go out. I'm betting anything the whole area will be closed completely starting tomorrow.

Comment

well so much for me going to buy my permit tomorrow..... I went last year towards the end of the season once the crowds died down saw lots of movement mostly does but still exciting ...... was gonna go this week but guess not !!! good thing I gat another place to go ,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                Just be sure to check the reg's before you go out. I'm betting anything the whole area will be closed completely starting tomorrow.
                Yes sir... I need to buy the permit so I will look in to it tomorrow... Hope congress gets of their arse and comes up with a solution soon

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
                  well so much for me going to buy my permit tomorrow..... I went last year towards the end of the season once the crowds died down saw lots of movement mostly does but still exciting ...... was gonna go this week but guess not !!! good thing I gat another place to go ,,,,
                  I will check in the morning and post whatever I find out...

Comment

Sounds like a plan ..... I rather hunt there then go hunt my other spot so early in the season!!!!!!

Comment

Figured... Thanks a lot MR CRUZ !

Comment

Well if you don't already have a permit to hunt Amistad it's not going to happen until DC comes to their senses... I had planned on buying it Monday September 30 and that's when I found out the Amistad NPS offices were now closing Sundays and Mondays... Needless to say my procrastination has cost me...

Comment

Do you know if the areas are closed, I called but it hard to understand the recording i'm assuming they are.

Comment

Here's my guess. Technically, they are closed. All federal public lands are closed during this shutdown. However, I think some offices are hedging on the "closure" language as long as they can - just closing offices - to help the hunters out and not draw additional criticism. I'm pretty sure, that it's better to not ask the question, lest you get an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
                              Do you know if the areas are closed, I called but it hard to understand the recording i'm assuming they are.
                              I know all boat ramps are closed to boats on the lake... I have been told hunting areas are closed to hunting... So far i have been unable to but will try again to contact a park ranger in the morning... Back at work tonight so I should be able to find one out there somewhere... I will update when I find something official...

Comment

Working...
                              X