Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5, mid 40's

Comment

Old. 7.5 plus. On the way down. Loose skin under chin. Nor much meat on hips.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My how times have changed. A deer like that posted on the internet a few years ago would have 3.5 as the dominate answer with a smattering of 2.5s mixed in. I agree with everyone but Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post

sent from my moto z (2) using tapatalk
          fify

Comment

mature

Comment

Only way to find out is to dirt check him. Roman nose, straight back, flat stomach makes me believe he's 3 1/2-4 1/2. Not sure what your lease or personal restrictions are. At our place we'd probably gamble, let him walk this year and hope he makes it through this season and we get pics next year to verify. New buck, no history. It's kinda "you know it's big when you see it." Personally, almost always those that I have to sit there and think on are not shooters. I just "know" he's big enough for me to shoot.
              If you think he's good enough to shoot, shoot him. Of course, you may have missed that opportunity forever. You may never see him again.
              Good luck my friend!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter1951 View Post
                Only way to find out is to dirt check him. Roman nose, straight back, flat stomach makes me believe he's 3 1/2-4 1/2. Not sure what your lease or personal restrictions are. At our place we'd probably gamble, let him walk this year and hope he makes it through this season and we get pics next year to verify. New buck, no history. It's kinda "you know it's big when you see it." Personally, almost always those that I have to sit there and think on are not shooters. I just "know" he's big enough for me to shoot.
                If you think he's good enough to shoot, shoot him. Of course, you may have missed that opportunity forever. You may never see him again.
                Good luck my friend!

That deer is way past his prime. If they have a hunter that wants him this is the time.

Comment

Grandpa!

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter1951 View Post
                    Good luck my friend!

very little chance that buck makes it another year. He has passed the downhill slide and is gaining speed.

Comment

Pope and young

Comment

The daytime pic looks like a typical post rut mature/post mature buck this time of year.

They lose a bunch of their body definition by this time of the year from running the girls for the last two months.

I have seen deer that have lost 1/3 to 1/2 their pre rut fighting weight.

Comment

Backside of 30...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by traildust View Post
                              4.5, mid 40's
                              I'm with you. I don't think he's very old.

Comment

Y'all convinced me. After looking at him again I'm pretty sure he is 2.9.

Comment

Working...
                                X