Discourage Car Thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discourage Car Thieves

So had someone try and break in to my truck parked in front of my house, took a screwdriver (I'm guessing) and destroyed my lock. Never got in but wreck the lock and door handle. So here's what I'm thinking for the future.

Got all new parts (still waiting on the lock)

Got a rare-earth magnet to cover up the lock now it looks like a blank and no lock. This thing is strong and takes another magnet to get it off. (I'm sure if he works at it he can get the magnet off but I'm guessing if he sees no lock he will move on.)

Also have the plastic fake chrome that goes over the door handle I will velcro this on so if I do need to use the key I can. Also picked up one of those driveway alarms and going to mount that around my step rail pointed up so if your standing in front of my door it will go off in my bedroom.

Good idea!

Comment

Looks like a great solution

Comment

Wish we could wire our vehicles like a pasture fence only with 220v -- or maybe a TASER?

Comment

I like your thinking, only problem is they will just rip your door handle off, or jam the screwdriver in your door jam and pry. Absolute scum of the earth.

Comment

What if you just had a motion detector camera or game camera that alerted your cell phone or monitor inside!? Like a Blink system or Ring system? It would give you a chance to welcome the vandals appropriately

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I like your thinking, only problem is they will just rip your door handle off, or jam the screwdriver in your door jam and pry. Absolute scum of the earth.
              Yea in my neighborhood it's pretty much kids doing these things. If they want in 100% there going to get in. Most of the time they just check to see if the door is unlocked.

Originally posted by YUPPY View Post
              What if you just had a motion detector camera or game camera that alerted your cell phone or monitor inside!? Like a Blink system or Ring system? It would give you a chance to welcome the vandals appropriately
              I have a camera door bell but it never got tripped.

Comment

A lot of thugs are just using a window punch, quick and easy, in and out in seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  Wish we could wire our vehicles like a pasture fence only with 220v -- or maybe a TASER?
                  I was thinking 480V it packs a little more punch for the perp.

Comment

Good idea Sir.

Comment

When they got into my wife's vehicle, they just broke the window.

Comment

A lock just keeps the honest people out. Now they will bust your window.

Comment

Id rather see a claymore once they open the door

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Id rather see a claymore once they open the door
                            No, DEFINITELY not!! Then you got a big mess to clean up. I think taking them out of the gene pool but still alive maximizes pain for them while increasing the satisfaction for us. I just haven’t figured out how to do it effectively yet.

Comment

Wife was downtown in the museum district awhile back, a nice homeless guy walked by and smashed the window out and stole everything…. Maybe bullet proof glass.

Comment

Working...
                              X